Seis tuna pictures

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by Minnow, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Enjoy the pictures

Attached Files:

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

more pictures

Attached Files:

3. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Nice pics Tj.. any pics of your secret prototype????

4. Grey Crane

Grey Crane Guest

TJ-

If you guys will take just a few seconds to spray the fish down, it will be a lot easier to get the product shots published in magazines. Spraying them off gets rid of the blood and makes the fish look shiny and fresh.

Hope to see y'all at ICAST this year!

5. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

TJ-
    Spraying them off gets rid of the blood and makes the fish look shiny and fresh. !

Tuna fisherman love a bloody deck!!!!!!!!:D

Attached Files:

6. Grey Crane

Grey Crane Guest

Tuna fishermen may love a bloody deck, but editors don't. If you want product shots published, it's worth a few seconds to set up the shot.

7. STx Fisherman

STx Fisherman Senior Member

Hyper-Man would have had that bloody mess cleaned up before the tuna hit the icebox.
    Because he's Hyper-Man

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Tuna fishermen may love a bloody deck, but editors don't. If you want product shots published, it's worth a few seconds to set up the shot.
    That is true, but It is really hard to clean decks and fish to take pictures when fishing is hot and mates are busy to run down and up. When I asked my friends, who caught nice fish, to wait to get my camera, they usually unhook the fish and drop their rigs immediately before I came back with my camera. :)

9. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

1st the fish then the product.

Attached Files:

10. fishr1989

fishr1989 Senior Member

11. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

Great pics TJ! Glad you got out and tore them up.

12. Grey Crane

Grey Crane Guest

I know it's tough to do, but a few good shots are worth their weight in gold - both in potential magazine exposure and for internal use like brochures, web sites, etc.

Take a look at these shots from Seis Tuna. They are obviously not good product shots, but help illustrate the point.

Bad magazine photo - dried out fish and too much blood.

[​IMG]

These shots are better - the fish are not so bloody and they don't look so dried out, but they will never look better than right after you catch them and boat shots are always preferred.

Both of these fish were sprayed off with water right before the shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Non-traditional shots gets published more than your standard staring at the camera shot. This is not the best example, but somewhat illustrates the point.

It also helps to hide gaff marks - not the case below, but the other side looked worse.

[​IMG]

Don't ever slip your fingers inside the gills if you can help it. To some magazines, like Tide, this is an instant rejection.

This photo also illustrates how you can lose all of the amazing colors of a fish not long after catching.

[​IMG]

The OTI guys are putting a lot of work in to their products and a lot of us are reaping the benefits. Taking a few minutes to help them get a killer photo can really go a long way to help promote the product.

13. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

Nice pics Tj.. any pics of your secret prototype????

The hot popper (Sea Dragon) is on picture #6 , I might have hook more than 12 tuna on that poppers before is got destroyed.

14. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Great Pics TJ, wish I could have fished with you all!

Tom - DBG

15. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Grey Crane,
    I don't take pictures for publications, but I like clean shots just after catch.

Long range boat guys out of San Diego know how to take care of fish. They clean decks and fish as soon as fish are landed.
    [​IMG]

16. Grey Crane

Grey Crane Guest

Larry Bozka keeps threatening to join us on one of these trips and wants to spend the entire trip taking photos. He's currently writing for Sport Fishing Magazine, Tide, Texas Sporting Journal, TPWD Magazine and I think is about to start writing for SaltWater Sportsman. We would all end up with awesome photos and probably get some good coverage for OTI.

By the way TJ, my comments were not intended as insults to your photography skills. I was just trying to offer some advice that may help in getting good product shots.

17. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

These were caught on the OTI 7' spinning rod... 22# of drag.. :) rod worked like a charm. sent that popper flying 100 yards every time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

We have few good pictures for our catalog, and have few more I can get from the camcorder.

Thursday we might have a change to fish Gunnison, Ocean star and flower garden. On the privite boat we will take a better pictures. Thanks for the advise.

19. jaredchasteen

jaredchasteen Senior Member

i will have an awesome shot of a trout with a jig in his mouth. The oti jig caught like 10 species during our recent trip to venice. It was killin the white trout.

20. gman

gman Senior Member

These were caught on the OTI 7' spinning rod... 22# of drag.. :) rod worked like a charm. sent that popper flying 100 yards every time!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would really love to see how everyone is throwing poppers 100 yards with a 7' rod, I get about 80 yards with an 8'6 rod and a 3-4 ounce lure.