Sea Majic Rods??? Not Good

Discussion in '360 Degrees Lounge' started by Eastern Tackle, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Eastern Tackle

Eastern Tackle Senior Member

I ordered a rod from there on Sept. 3rd. Got a confirmation it would be going out that week. It never came.

Sept 12th the storm hit down there, so I sent a note, thinking when they did get online, they could at least send a refund.

Now it is Sept 22, three weeks later and no rod or refund. Hopefully I will not get ripped off. I got it on paypal and submitted a claim, but Sea Majic has not responded.

Just a word of warning to all. Sorry for the storm, we get them here also, but three weeks is BS.

2. Minnow

Minnow Administrator

FYI, they are located in the storm effected area and there is no power in that area until next week or so. Have you try to contact them on the phone?

3. Eastern Tackle

FYI, they are located in the storm effected area and there is no power in that area until next week or so. Have you try to contact them on the phone?

Yes, did that first. They also have my number, and I have not received a call from them. I just think that having 9 days before the storm, was enough time to get it out. Then no follow up after is sketchy (especially considering that I filed a paypal claim.)

My orders ship in 24 hours and if they don't, i let the folks know why. I don't expect that service from everyone, but folks in the jigging community need to know about my experience with this.

4. LEXPRO

LEXPRO Senior Member

I know Chris and he would have never done that intentionally, im sure his storefront, home, and warehouse were probably damaged badly. Maybe even wiped out. I would do the same just file with paypal for refund and get money back if he cant communicate right now.

A while back i had to to the same thing on an auto part and later found out the seller's store burned to the ground.

5. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

i have dealt with chris and would give him the benefit of the doubt. i also agree that 3 weeks is along time with no reply. i would give him a call and see whats up.
    during katrina lots of things took precedence like feeding my family and finding shelter from day to day. i hope he is ok.

Andrew

6. Eastern Tackle

It is reassuring that at least a few folks have dealt with them before and this might just be the result of the storm and not normal business.

7. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

Eastern, I can assure you that Chris is not looking to rip anybody off.
    He has built a solid rep from being a responsible business owner & doing the right thing. Oh yeah, his rods are great too! I have 3 of them.
    Now for the record, his shop was on seawall blvd, in Galveston.
    don't know if you've caught the news in the past 10 days, but there's not much of Galveston left. there are no public services, no phone, cell, or internet services, and no electricity. the island is a wasteland, for the most part.
    So please consider this before coming on here and beating up on a guy
    who could probably use a lot more help than any one person could possibly give him right now.
    thanks for understanding
    -Brian

8. Eastern Tackle

Just to let everyone know, I was finally able to get him on the phone today. Here is the status.

His house is demolished. His business was washed out, but all his inventory is safe. There is no power. Part of the island has water and he was getting ready to go on a water run. He hopes to have everything up and running again from a business standpoint by the first of the year.

He is living on the island now and said he is reluctant to leave, because its so hard to get back on. It may be a while before he can get to a place to issue a refund, but I am confident that it will come, however I couldn't get an ETA because of the situation.

PS. Liteline, not beating up on anyone, just telling the facts in my dealings with a vendor that I have never used before.

9. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

It's cool, man. Sorry if I came off harsh, but I'm sure Chris is having
    a HELL of a time just surviving right now.
    I still have a few friends unaccounted for, and galveston is/was my favorite
    place. I hope you decide to hold out for your rod, because they really are
    nice little workhorses! the tuna in my avatar came on a 400g dragonfly jigger
    tight lines
    -Brian

10. Mitchw123456

Mitchw123456 Senior Member

I have dealt with Chris many times as I live about 15 minutes from his shop. Be patient , chris is a great guy but everyone down here is still just trying to almost get back to a sense of "normal." Many people still don't have power here and cell coverage is an absolute joke. For you to come on this board and talk trash about someone that is as customer service oriented as Chris is absolutely ridiculous. You said yourself that you KNEW we just got hammered by Ike but yet you want to ***** and moan about not having a rod. Ever took a moment to think about what is actually going on here or are you too worried about fishing and not about the thousands of people who if they are lucky still have a home, and if you have a home chances are it doesn't have power. This is absolutely incredible that you would openly talk trash about a damn rod that is running late. If you had ever met chris in person you would know better than to talk bad about him. I purchase everything I can from him and personally have 8 Sea Magic Rods that have had zero problems except for the one rod that got left in the TTop holder somehow and the tree limb took care of it. Guess what though, Chris replaced without a second thought as I told him how I broke it. You have no idea who you are talking trash about. you need to get your shit straight before you bring it on any message board.

11. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

remember guys, the media is not providing coverage to other states about the Galveston situation. lots of folks in other states have no idea, and think the island's back to normal.

12. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

wich is very odd. no media coverage. must have something to do with presidential election. they dont want another katrina right now, which it is!! no death tolls and no damage reports. crazy