Sea Falcon Lures and Gamakatsu

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by jon holsenbeck, Apr 17, 2020.

1. jon holsenbeck

jon holsenbeck Well-Known Member

It appears Gamakatsu now has USA distribution rights to Sea Falcon. Does anyone know any details about this? Did Gamakatsu perhaps buy Sea Falcon?

2. r.sheker

r.sheker Member

i thought this wouldve been kept between us.
    there's only a couple of people who knew about this.
    bryan, benny, white rob, asian rob, mel and sherwin.

but since it's already out in a public forum let's get this story straight.
    Gamakatsu got distribution rights for the WHOLE WORLD. Gamakatsu didnt buy sea falcon, sea falcon is one of the biggest jig/lure makers in japan. thye make OEM jigs for beats, reals, Lana and some other companies. It is a good deal for sea falcon as gamakatsu/ SPRO products are on all tackle shops all over the world.

there is no date for gamakatsu to start selling sea falcon lures/jigs in the USA. i have not yet sent the 246 samples to gamakatsu/spro.

RayS Custom Works will retain the custom rod building on slow pitch blanks made by sea falcon japan. Gamakatsu will have the factory rods to sell on tackle stores, warranty works will be done by RayS Custom Works, this means warranty is still done here in the USA.

getn bent, ballywho, iyaman and 4 others like this.

3. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

Welp there you go Jon. In the haste to look in the “now” you divulged personal information that someone whose already probably gone out of their way (further than I would ) to deal with you. You clearly had all the info there was . But like many examples of dealing with you . It’s never enough for Jon. Burned your first bridge. See how many jigs you get fronted going forward . I’m sure you’re somewhere in a private message box “apologizing”

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  4. jon holsenbeck

I've already messaged Ray about this and apologized. I didn't mention his name on this thread because I was hoping someone else could give some more info about this. I wanted to keep him out of this. My apologies once more. BTW, I wasn't trying to look "in the now". I'm actually hoping I can find a couple more Sea Falcons to buy before I go on a trip but evidently they're in short supply because both companies I talked to didn't have the Z Slow or Deep Neo jigs I'm looking for. BTW, I never asked to be fronted anything. Do I need to post any more about this?

5. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

You guys are going crazy over sea falcon lures? 7-8 years ago guys could not give them away. Just research some of the old posts on the forum

6. r.sheker

r.sheker Member

7-8 years ago amazon stock was $200 it's $2400 now unless you're tupperware which was $70 and $2 now.
    it was then, this is now.

7. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

Fishing lures are fishing lures.
    They look very similar to what they were back then.
    Good luck with your business.

tugasangler likes this.
  8. iyaman

iyaman Senior Member

If you have some for sale at 7 years ago price, I'll take them all. Thanks.

jon holsenbeck likes this.
  9. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

I can send you a couple from Korea , from the stores here if you need them that bad. They have a huge selection and go on sale sometimes ( other lure s as well not just sea falcon )

tugasangler likes this.
  10. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Why did this turn into a bash sea falcon? So far ive read ray doing above and beyond to get this guy stuff ....

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    tugasangler and jon holsenbeck like this.
  11. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

Nobody is bashing Sea Falcon, you can fish whatever you want. Some people fish a chunk of bait and do well, some a piece of plastic and wood. Fish what you like, enjoy time on the water and make memories and friends. This is what this site was literally built on. The idea that people “burn bridges” over unwilling posting about fishing lures is pretty silly.
    Hope everyone is doing well and catching lots of fish.

jon holsenbeck likes this.
  12. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

seems like no bashing in this post.

the site was built on helping members . Your probably just a buy sell trade customer anyway.

tugasangler likes this.
  13. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

Not more than you “jigganot”
    Why don’t you use the search function and find out for yourself.
    Why don’t you post the many great reports of sea falcon lures?
    Go ahead and prove me wrong.

14. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

ahhhhhh yes!!!! we have another keyboard king. Lets just agree that your a badass and your the only one fishing. Check the age of my handle been around a long time. Its not always about you or what your opinion is. This seems to be the trend with this forum. Search about slow jigging 7 years ago. You may not find too much. I guess in the end there is always a guy that wants to prove he is the gift to the world. Good luck bo keep fishing and keep being that guy. Im sure you will be

tugasangler likes this.
  15. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

Let’s just agree to disagree. I hope everyone is staying safe and this craziness will end soon so we can get back to our lives.

16. Courtland

Courtland Site Sponsor

Why settle for scraps after you helped build the brand here in the US?

You should tell them to get fkd.

17. jon holsenbeck

I haven't had the chance to fish Sea Falcon much, but I like the Z slow and Deep Neo. I'm looking for a 280g Z slow in full glow lightning pink and a 250g Deep Neo in the same color or silver. The Reel Seat didn't have them in stock and RayS and The Reel Seat are the only two retailers for Sea Falcon that I know of. Any other retailers I should know about? I wonder if Ray will become a retailer for Sea Falcon? Being a retailer probably won't make as much $$$ for him as being both a wholesale distributor and retailer but he probably wouldn't have to stock near as much inventory and hopefully he could do more turns of inventory each year. It might also leave him with less inventory at the end of his fiscal year and that's normally a good thing. He's got the ecommerce setup for all of the jigs if he hasn't totally deleted them from his system. I also wonder if availability of Sea Falcon will be better when retailers run out of certain models. Hopefully it would be days instead of months to get back ordered products. BTW, I'm gonna get at least a couple more NLO jigs too. July will probably be the earliest I go on my next trip so I have time to get what I want

18. jon holsenbeck

When I think about this Ray could invest as little as about $10,000 in his jig inventory and do turns if product will be available. He could then use the rest of the money he invested in product in put it into other things, not just other inventory, but other investments besides fishing products. I try and look on the bright side of things. There's usually more than one way one can look at situations in life.

19. tugasangler

tugasangler Fishing Guru

can you please ask your hilarious coworker:/friend to post in here ... this site needs people like him