360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yay started school today sounds fun doesnt it... o well at least i go fishin mondat :D

·
1,718 Posts
If you pay attention in school your days on the water will increase when you are our age.

·
247 Posts
If you pay attention in school your days on the water will increase when you are our age.

if only it were that simple! I fished more in college than I do at work, but at least I get to read about people fishing while I'm at work :D

·
116 Posts
Life experience plus education equals a well rounded employee

Education minus life experience equals an overqualified prospect

Life experience minus education equals another potential ditch digger

The best time to go fishing is when you can.

·
2,835 Posts
Life experience minus education equals another potential ditch digger.

Not always true. I personally have four old high school friends that flunked out of college the first semester. I cannot hang or keep up with them. They have to much money. They found their niche and made it happen. All I can say is good for them They made it on their own and have every right to enjoy life.

We still talk or run across each other about once a year. I still consider them friends, but trying to keep up with them is to expensive. They are in another league.

It's best to hang around with friends that are in your same bracket or those with money who are afraid to spend it. The "Jones" pressure can ruin friendships real fast.

·
1,718 Posts
Not always true. I personally have four old high school friends that flunked out of college the first semester. I cannot hang or keep up with them. They have to much money. They found their niche and made it happen. All I can say is good for them They made it on their own and have every right to enjoy life.

We still talk or run across each other about once a year. I still consider them friends, but trying to keep up with them is to expensive. They are in another league.

It's best to hang around with friends that are in your same bracket or those with money who are afraid to spend it. The "Jones" pressure can ruin friendships real fast.

I agree that keeping up with the Jone's will ruin a person. You are never happy chasing someone else's dream. However, in today's economy you either a specific skill or formal education to compete. i.e. Being able to afford to play.

·
116 Posts
"potential" is the key word there Mr. Bill. I know there are plenty of exceptions, on both sides. But generally speaking, take 100 people who didnt go to school or didnt have any kind of trade taught to them and Im sure you will find more "ditch diggers" than wealth.

·
797 Posts
graduated with 2 degrees..........

one from the school o'hard knocks

and the other from good ol' UGM
(University of Gulf of Mexico)

·
2,835 Posts
atunatado Take 100 people who didn't go to school or didn't have any kind of trade taught to them and I'm sure you will find more "ditch diggers" than wealth.[/QUOTE said:
Here's my breakdown on the no school guys.

7% made it on their own from hard work or marrying a trust baby.

6% are dead from violent shootings, drive by's, stabbings, etc.

8% are in jail.

18% are hard working trade type guys, including ditch digging.

61% have found out that you can live off the government programs. Free housing, free food, free medical. Why work when get the government to take care of you. You just have to be careful when you steal stuff. You need money for beer and drugs. Just don't get caught and life is good. Keep breeding as much as possible because you get more and more benefits if you have a ton of kids.

·
1,718 Posts
Here's my breakdown on the no school guys.

7% made it on their own from hard work or marrying a trust baby.

6% are dead from violent shootings, drive by's, stabbings, etc.

8% are in jail.

18% are hard working trade type guys, including ditch digging.

61% have found out that you can live off the government programs. Free housing, free food, free medical. Why work when get the government to take care of you. You just have to be careful when you steal stuff. You need money for beer and drugs. Just don't get caught and life is good. Keep breeding as much as possible because you get more and more benefits if you have a ton of kids.

"Just don't get caught and life is good?" I don't think so Bill. I don't think anyone in this position believes life is good. I also don't think they aspired to be poor, but did not have aspirations in the fisrt place. They live in the pits and probably don't see any hope of getting out of it. Some are risilient and do. The others flounder. I am not trying to start an argument. Lets talk fishing and not public policy.

·
6,093 Posts
I wasn't gonna say any thing, but....
Mr. Bill, At some point in my short adult life
I have been in 4 out of 5 of your categories.
I can say they are all pretty much right on.
nobody in that position wants to be there.
I'm a bldg. engineer for a large Co. now.
finally @ 40 I get what I should have EARNED
at 25. I was a high school drop out, & homeless
for 2 years(in a van, down by the river. NO SH#$)
it's the drive that determines suceess, whether it'[email protected]
20 yrs, or 40. couldn't give this answer @ 30.
Dude concentrate on your education!
plenty of time to fish, & you need the $$ to afford it!
tight lines
-Brian

·
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea you sure do man nothing is cheap and it seems worse when you outta work :rolleyes: but hopefully i will get a job soon then be able to fish more after.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts