360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
scat cat on another full moon trip (12/17/21) with my usual (my favorite ever) crew this past weekend.
Had a bunch of my long time tuna friends on the trip, many i have not fished with in what seems a decade.
Made some great new friends also.
Instead of the usual big loss of fish during the early part of the fight, most were boated, it was restorative to the soul.
Congratulations to our anglers.
Went out in medium seas, and rode the fontal winds back on the trough, but man was it a wet but easy ride home.
Near as i could tell when getting off shift near dawn and going downstairs is that customers slept the whole way home.
Crew/catch pic:
Water Outerwear Sky Cloud Seafood

·
Registered
15 Posts
How many YFT did y'all end up with on the troll? We trolled alll day on a La Pesca 60 hour earlier this month. Besides two small 20# class yft we picked up right at dawn after the first night, it was nothing but barracudas. I didn't know people got tuna when the sun was out as well.

·
Super Moderator
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We got a big dodo, then a triple of nice size YFT soon as we pulled up, then no more yft on the troll till just before dark, next day got two small on the troll, and started real fishing later than we should of as we got a triple within 10 minutes. When i am on center consoles we start casting (often to great effect ) an hour before sunset.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I'D LIKE TO RANT FOR A MINUTE....
ON THESE OPEN BOAT TRIPS:

PLEASE!
-FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,WASH YOUR DAMN STINKY FEET AND FUNKY CROCS! IF YOUR FEET ARE CAUSING PEOPLE TO WANT TO PUKE AND FUNK UP THE ENTIRE BOAT, YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT..

-KEEP THE WALK WAYS CLEAR OF ALL YOUR CLUTTER CRAP!

-ONE FISHING LINE AT AF TIME! DONT THROW A CHUNK LINE AND LEAVE IT DRAGGING ACCROSS THE SURFACE, AND THEN WALK ACROSS TO THE STARBOARD SIDE OF THE BOAT AND START CASTING!

-MANAGE YOUR LINE! DONT LET IT DRIFT DOWN THE WHOLE SIDE OF THE BOAT. IF THE BOAT DRIFT IS A BIT OFF, WAIT UNTIL IT STRAIGHTENS UP, THEN DROP!

·
Super Moderator
6,356 Posts
No, I think that's more of a Cali thing. o_O
Spinners are used for everything out here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts