Scatcat 56 hr. Tuna Trip 1-23>25-09

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by itldoo, Jan 26, 2009.

1. itldoo

itldoo Junior member

Fishing this weekend was a blast we had another great group of guys on the boat fishing. They brought home 13 YFT, 196 BFT, 11AJ's,1Warsaw Grouper, 3Barrel Fish,1 Escalara, & a Big Rainbow Runner. We really enjoyed meeting some more of the 360 guys & some new first timers. Capn. Ronnie,Adam,Ishmeal,Little Ronnie,Elmer & Myself had a lot of fun with this trip. The trip started off a little slow but then picked up.YFT didn't bust off until 7,7:30 Saturday morn but did not last long,We figured that the small front that was coming in dropped the pressure. When the bite fell off we ran into Little Sister & the next rig in & fished the rigs for about 4 & 1/2 hrs. When we got back out to the floaters the BFT were slow so we moved Falcon & we picked up larger BFT on the day break bite then tied of to the rig & picked off some real nice AJ's. Here are a few pics. Oh also some people need Shark Suites & some don't, like the Shark Dentist who was checking the molars of small patient that he pulled onboard.:eek: lol View attachment 5468

View attachment 5469

View attachment 5470

View attachment 5471

View attachment 5472

View attachment 5473

View attachment 5474

View attachment 5475

View attachment 5476

View attachment 5477

Attached Files:

2. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

3. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

4. Bret

Bret Senior Member

Man.. looks like yall hammered the Bft.. How big was largest yft??
    Glad yall had a good trip..

5. itldoo

itldoo Junior member

About 70-75 pounds

6. itldoo

itldoo Junior member

Also to let Ya'll know even the BF's were hitting those top water poppers

7. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Thanks for the report Itldoo!

Tom - DBG

8. Cudakilla

Cudakilla Senior Member

great report..thanks!

Now I hope we get some good fish on our trip this weekend if it sails.

Attached Files:

9. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

awesome report and good customer service!!! cant wait to fish with you guys later in the year!!!!! I am looking forward to it!

heck, I even see Snagged(Jerry) in there.... Still doin his thing and yanking those big suckers in the boat!!!!

10. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Had a great time. I think this'll end up being a great boat. The Capt's and crew were great. I got one yellowfin of about 45lbs and lost another to a Yozuri Bull that lasted one cast, one fish, and broke in the neck area and pulled the front hook. Never buy another.
    The boat is a little slow but very, very stable platform. Lot's of room in the cabin area. Bunk area, seating area and gallery area. If you go, plan to put your rods in a milk crate on top, so far there aren't many rod holders and we ended up with entirely too many rods in holders at the rail. I'm as guilty as any for not always putting mine up. I've got a rod holder planned to zip tie to the upper deck rail for my next trip in case holders haven't already been added.
    The fishermen were great. Got to fish with a few old friends and meet some new. The Hales are great. Fishermen to the bone. The fishing wasn't the hottest, I think we fell victim to no moon and then the arrival of a little cold front. The crew and the fishermen made the best of it though. We did have a few short periods of excitement though. Sat morning, well after first light we got to chase some breaking tuna. That's when I landed mine.
    I think Fisherman's Wharf is committed to making this operation a success but need to see some more trips going out. I think this one was the second. Give this boat a try, I think you'll be pleased. I'm planning to go again. I would go next weekend but I have a commitment as Watch Commander that I can't get out of.
    Thanx to Bob huose to invited me over to his house after the trip to use his fish cleaning table. it was perfect.

Fred

11. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

how bright are the lights on the boat, that shine off to the water? is it a pretty good ways out to the edge of the light?

12. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Basic report as follows:
    Boat is EXTREMELY clean.
    Boat road like a dream.
    Boat fishes very well.
    Crew was great, worked their asses off. They kept up chum lines three or four times heavier that any other boat I've been on.
    Bunks are comfortable and the cabin is very roomy.
    You get there and the crew loads your top deck gear, when you leave they'll unload it.
    We hit the floaters and the cold front came in right behind us, needless to say it shut the tuna bite off.
    We did move and pick up some aj's and made another move after the floaters proved to be still barren to pick up blackfin, aj's and grouper.
    I'm extremely happy with the operation, it's really the first trip I've enjoyed in a long time.
    Fisherman's Wharf has a first class operation going.

OTI will be happy know that I now need to buy a lot of new jigs.

13. TeamOso

TeamOso Senior Member

Basic report as follows:
    Boat is EXTREMELY clean.
    Boat road like a dream.
    Boat fishes very well.
    Crew was great, worked their asses off. They kept up chum lines three or four times heavier that any other boat I've been on.
    Bunks are comfortable and the cabin is very roomy.
    You get there and the crew loads your top deck gear, when you leave they'll unload it.
    We hit the floaters and the cold front came in right behind us, needless to say it shut the tuna bite off.
    We did move and pick up some aj's and made another move after the floaters proved to be still barren to pick up blackfin, aj's and grouper.
    I'm extremely happy with the operation, it's really the first trip I've enjoyed in a long time.
    Fisherman's Wharf has a first class operation going.

OTI will be happy know that I now need to buy a lot of new jigs.
    ya jerry when i worked there and hopefully will work there again this summer, if there was one thing that always got done was full sweep, mop, tables, windows, everything. when i was on other boats we didnt quite do any of the sort.

14. Rooney

Rooney Member

I had a great time on this trip. I have never eaten so well on a fishing boat in my life. The deck hands were amazing. The captains were excellent in keeping us in what action we could find. Met some great new friends. Can't wait to do it again. Thanks for the jump start, Fred. Looks like we missed the final photo. We will have to make up for it on another trip. See you guys this weekend. Andy

15. barbwire

barbwire Senior Member

Looks like ya'll had a great trip despite less than ideal conditions. Nice catch guys!

16. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Barbwire it's always about the fishing, sometimes it's the catching that is sometimes spotty.
    It is a good deal and very relaxed.

17. Aggie82Josh

Aggie82Josh Senior Member

How many people were able to throw top water lures at one time? The bow looks roomy.

18. barbwire

barbwire Senior Member

I am definately going to do one of these trips this year.....even if I have to bring the wife.:D

19. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Ever seen an 80# OTI rod with a little bend?

Attached Files: