Scat Cat Tuna Trip, First tuna trip of 2009

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by gimmedeal, Dec 9, 2008.

1. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

After reading about the most recent Scat Cat Trip, I'm sold and want to give it a shot. However, this date is not one of those that Fisherman's Wharf has scheduled. If there's enough interest, the trip could go. Some folks are still off on vacation and it works good for my schedule. Is there anyone else out there that would want to go this weekend? Answer up for the first tuna trip of 2009.
    56 hours.

Fred

2. Pope

Pope Senior Member

If my shoulder is able, I would be willing to go.

3. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Brandon,
    They have electric reels on that boat.

4. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

I'll still be in Cali till the 6th
    -B

5. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

jerry- those electric reels would come in handy on a deep 1000' drop :) I woudl be sceeered on what I would pull up! maybe some lantern fish that bites a finger off :)

6. Pope

Pope Senior Member

I would be all about the electric reels for deep drops, bum shoulder or not. I would like some tiles in the freezer! I guess I could chunk with an electric reel. What a fiasco that would be. May have to bust out the cam corder for that one.

7. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

Is the trip for this weekend a go? Weather might be OK. Cold front is arriving right now.

8. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Usually this time of year a front will blow for 48 hours and then it'll be at least a day before wind gets turned back around. Friday might be a good time to head out.

Fred

9. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

i wish i lived in cali!

10. papio

papio Senior Member

I'm game for that date but I tend to wait till last possible second on weather conditions before commiting.

11. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Fred, is there a fuel charge in addition to the $650 cost?

12. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

i wish i lived in cali!

wtf high taxes,high home prices,earth quakes,wild fires,land of fruits and nuts,4 day trip on slow boats to catch yellowfin, and the worst traffic in the nation. i hope you get your wish as that would leave one less in our congested part of the world. now i wouldn't mind moving to mexico ....rick

13. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I haven't heard one mentioned. I believe that covers it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Fred

14. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

Fred, do you have time for lunch around 11am? 653-8038

15. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

I contacted Fisherman's Wharf and there is no fuel charge. Last trip had 14 fishermen and but they'd like 15 to make the Jan 2 trip.

I'm in + 1 and UR is thinking about it.

Louis

16. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I would be all about the electric reels for deep drops, bum shoulder or not. I would like some tiles in the freezer! I guess I could chunk with an electric reel. What a fiasco that would be. May have to bust out the cam corder for that one.
    If anyone has a big spool of braid, I would take it along and pick one of the better electric reels to spool up. Yould could always unspool to keep the braid on the way in. The electirc reels barely reached the bottom with minimal wraps left on the spool with the mono that was on them.
    The would be awesome for reeling up from 1000 ft!
    I was using my jigging setup for the deep drops because I coudl reach the bottom with 100 yards left over.

17. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

18. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

I got a pm today that this date is being added for a trip. 1/2 thru 1/4. Very cool. Now all we need is 15 to 20 fishermen to sign up. I'll be calling in the morning, as will Louis. Let's fill this boat and get the New Year off in a Tuna way.

Fred

19. Drifter

Drifter Senior Member

I reserved my spot for the 1/2 - 1/4, 56hr trip today and sent them a check. Let's go get the yellow fin!