360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
1,321 Posts
I actually get a ton of sleep on these trips. Long ride out, long ride in, long time between moves. Plenty of time to rest, and you will definately enjoy the trip more if you don't exhaust yourself.

Here is a link with some pics of bunks. I bring a sleeping bag and a fleece blanket, a pillow and a little head light to read. Cozy little bunk, just perfect to relax. Oh, and some earplugs.

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f18/scat-cat-56-hr-picture-post-4489/

·
SPONSOR
11,898 Posts
I heard the trip was canceled as there were not enough fishermen.
It is hard to believe the boat can not sail while fishing is excellent.
I am going to fish on the boat soon. I never fished on the boat before, but all said good things about the boat and I got to try it myself when fishing is hot and weather is reliable.

·
225 Posts
I actually get a ton of sleep on these trips. Long ride out, long ride in, long time between moves. Plenty of time to rest, and you will definately enjoy the trip more if you don't exhaust yourself.

Here is a link with some pics of bunks. I bring a sleeping bag and a fleece blanket, a pillow and a little head light to read. Cozy little bunk, just perfect to relax. Oh, and some earplugs.

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f18/scat-cat-56-hr-picture-post-4489/

Why the earplugs? Engine noise or people talking, laughing, or cooking and stuff close by? Engine noise puts me to sleep ASAP, and when they throttle back, it's like an alarmclock for me to wake up and fish!

·
1,321 Posts
Why the earplugs? Engine noise or people talking, laughing, or cooking and stuff close by? Engine noise puts me to sleep ASAP, and when they throttle back, it's like an alarmclock for me to wake up and fish!

All of the above. It's not like the Big E, which has separate sleeping quarters. You are all in one big room, sleeping, eating, talking, rigging tackle. And someone is always shouting to be heard over all the other noise, even though the person he is talking to is right in front of him. :)

And the earplugs won't keep you from the engine noise; they just take the edge off. You will still notice the throttle back to get up and fish.

·
225 Posts
All of the above. It's not like the Big E, which has separate sleeping quarters. You are all in one big room, sleeping, eating, talking, rigging tackle. And someone is always shouting to be heard over all the other noise, even though the person he is talking to is right in front of him. :)

And the earplugs won't keep you from the engine noise; they just take the edge off. You will still notice the throttle back to get up and fish.

The Bose earphones help!

101 - 120 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.