360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Mr. Bill,

I took these two weeks ago, just haven't had time to post them. The upper deck really is huge, but no easy way to take ice chests up the steps. Milk Crates and rods and reels would fit up there just fine, and the space between the benches and the rail look like they would hold the milk crates just fine, with plenty to tie off to. If there was a short gangway that went from the dock up to the second story, then everything, including ice chests, could be put up there pretty easily. Ultimate MilkCrate will not make it up the stairs, might get a cherrypicker from down the street to load it topside though.

I didn't see any bunks, but was in a hurry. I'm short enough I wouldn't have any trouble sleeping in those seats! Bunks aren't near as important as being able to get to the floaters! There are three bathrooms, and I saw a shower in one of them, and it does have hot water.

Ronnie Hale has a great reputation, and this boat has a great potential!! Let's give her a few trips before we start demanding they cut off the overhang, lol!

Tom - DeepBlueGulf
From what I have been told by FW. The bunks will be installed no later than next week. They were not quite ready in time for the trip this weekend... So I am not too worried about waiting 2 more weeks. I had a fix recently anyway.

They are going to remove about half of the table to make space for 2 bunks, so they say.

I am pretty pumped about giving the boat and captain a shot. I think this boat has a lot of potential.

·
886 Posts
I'd suggest they add rod holders on the top deck rails. I would expect that for a popping, jigging, bottom, and chunking trip, each fisherman would likely have at least 6 setups.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Yeah thatwas something I mentioned... Though DBG semmed to think the milikcrate would fit necely between the upper rail and seating...

·
642 Posts
I wouldn't have any trouble sleeping in those seats!
Tom - DeepBlueGulf

Boy oh boy what an oxymoron statement that is.

Tom I've fished with you enough to know you wouldn't have trouble sleeping anywhere ..... :)

·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You're right Bobby, I don't have much trouble sleeping anywhere, the important thing though is that I don't sleep through supper!

Did you notice all the counter space for Mojo's Margarita machine?

Like I said, lot's of potential!! And seeing as Dolphin Docks just posted pictures of a 181lb YFT, it's time to fill this boat and get out there fishing.

DBG

·
642 Posts
You're right Bobby, I don't have much trouble sleeping anywhere, the important thing though is that I don't sleep through supper!

Did you notice all the counter space for Mojo's Margarita machine?

Like I said, lot's of potential!! And seeing as Dolphin Docks just posted pictures of a 181lb YFT, it's time to fill this boat and get out there fishing.

DBG

Yeah .... Tony came in with one a few days ago they got on the Kingfisher while fishing shrimpers for Blackfins that "they said" weighed 175#.

·
Registered
1 Posts
looks like sufficient room for bait chunkers on the bow.32' of beam across the stern and the set back of the overhead canopy looks fairly managable for casting.the bench looks like tackle storage with the pad lock on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
It looked like there was definately room for the machine. Let me know I have 2 bottles of Hornitos that need to be put to good use.;)

·
69 Posts
Looks great to me I will go by next week to check it out and update you guys what we see, I'll take some pic's, I wonder how the boat handles in rough seas, can anyone answer that for me.

·
485 Posts
Looks great to me I will go by next week to check it out and update you guys what we see, I'll take some pic's, I wonder how the boat handles in rough seas, can anyone answer that for me.
I fished it in 4-6chop and 10-12 swell. I like the 10- 12 better, its a decent ride though, as with any cat more up and down movement than left to right, i would say it rides nicely in a more spread out wave period, the days wheres its been choppy more people have gotten beat up. still way better than a monohull id say.

Kevin

·
221 Posts
They put our Dec 7th Scat Cat catch and me in my " GOT TUNA? " shirt on the Fishermans Warf cover page... right hand side..

·
812 Posts
They put our Dec 7th Scat Cat catch and me in my " GOT TUNA? " shirt on the Fishermans Warf cover page... right hand side..

Charlie...I can see why they used your pic for their web page. In the pic it looks like you just finished catching all of those tuna in the pile and you have this look like you're ready to go right back out there and battle some more!
Great pic...

HOME OF THE WHARF CAT & SCAT CAT

·
221 Posts
How is the sleeping quarters?

They are simular to the DSH bunks.. 4" foam with a vinyl cover.. not as tall and a little wider.

I was comfortable in them.. but I'm and old Marine.. so I might not be the best to ask. We were trained to sleep on a rock if that's all we had for a bed.:)

STX.. Yep I was ready to go back out... mostly because the Makos got all my good sized YFT before they got to the gaff.. but I did catch the first one! :D

·
2,040 Posts
cant wait !! 2009 will be my last year for tournament fishing for bass for a few years due to (hopefully)a new family edition... :) that leaves me some time open for a few offshore trips with you guys again :)

·
790 Posts
Where's the sleeping quarters? Any pictures?

·
790 Posts
As dewman27 says, The Scatcat (and Wharfcat) was built by the Breaux Brothers and is similar to the New Buc. The interior is a little different. I beleive the New Buc is a little longer (85'), probably a little wider and if I remember correctly has more engines. I wish GPB would take their long range trips a little more seriously. I've always been fond of the New Buc

·
1 Posts
if you look at picture 6 above, the bunks are now where the tables are on the left and right from the snack/tackle cabinet to the back of the cabin. 12 on ea side, 3 high. sorry no pics

21 - 40 of 138 Posts