360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2,835 Posts
DeepBlueGulf,

Thanks for taking all those pictures. It's been 33 years since I was on that boat. I remember my father was going to take me and my brother on it, but he stayed up to late with his friends. I didn't know what a hangover was at the time. So, he dropped us off at the dock that morning and went back to bed.:cool:

Back then, it was two snappers on every drop. No limits on size or quantity. When he showed up to pick us up, he was in shock to see our big pile of snapper. It took us over an hour just to turn them into fillets.:)

That upper deck is huge. I remember Gunsmoke through a bachelor's party for a buddy about 20 years ago on the Scat Cat. He got some girls from a strip joint in Corpus. It was wild. All the people at the dock wanted on that boat as we departed.:D The Capt had a blast also. He just took us into the Corpus Christi Bay and anchored for the evening. If that upper deck could talk, it would probably remember that party. I'll leave the details to myself and my memory.:D

When did you take these pictures?
What are the odds of taking the Ulimate Milk Crate up those stairs?
Have they began converting the interior to bunks?

I would recommend putting rod holders all along the perimeter that upper deck. You could even build a super rocket launcher to hold hold at least 100 rods and place it in the center of the upper deck.

·
2,835 Posts
She is the one that said get the Stellas.

My wife still thinks that reels cost from 9.95 to 29.95. :D :D :D

Around a month ago, I was packing some reels to go to Panama. I had around eight stella's and about four twinspins on the dining table trying to decide on which ones to pack. She walked by and picked up a twinspin 20.
She said "Isn't this the one I used in Costa Rica". I said "Yes". She then replied "This must be a $29 one, it looks more expensive than those $19 ones". (referring to the SW Stella's). :eek:

After she put it down and as she was walking away, she turned around and said "Sometimes you're such a cheap-skate. I would have spent the additional $10 per reel to have a matching set of all silver ones". Being a wise man, I didn't respond and she slowly walked out the room to do whatever she normally does.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts