360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
yeah but cutting that off and taking those benches out would really open it up.

tell them to put another engine in there and get it to cruise at 24 knots :)
I am hoping the trips go well this winter. If they do I hope FW will consider using the Wharf cat for these trips next year also.
I am pretty sure it cruises close to 24 knots.
Its definately faster than the scat cat. A little smaller but not too much.
A boat that can do over 20 knots can cover much more ground.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Mr. Bill,

I took these two weeks ago, just haven't had time to post them. The upper deck really is huge, but no easy way to take ice chests up the steps. Milk Crates and rods and reels would fit up there just fine, and the space between the benches and the rail look like they would hold the milk crates just fine, with plenty to tie off to. If there was a short gangway that went from the dock up to the second story, then everything, including ice chests, could be put up there pretty easily. Ultimate MilkCrate will not make it up the stairs, might get a cherrypicker from down the street to load it topside though.

I didn't see any bunks, but was in a hurry. I'm short enough I wouldn't have any trouble sleeping in those seats! Bunks aren't near as important as being able to get to the floaters! There are three bathrooms, and I saw a shower in one of them, and it does have hot water.

Ronnie Hale has a great reputation, and this boat has a great potential!! Let's give her a few trips before we start demanding they cut off the overhang, lol!

Tom - DeepBlueGulf
From what I have been told by FW. The bunks will be installed no later than next week. They were not quite ready in time for the trip this weekend... So I am not too worried about waiting 2 more weeks. I had a fix recently anyway.

They are going to remove about half of the table to make space for 2 bunks, so they say.

I am pretty pumped about giving the boat and captain a shot. I think this boat has a lot of potential.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Yeah thatwas something I mentioned... Though DBG semmed to think the milikcrate would fit necely between the upper rail and seating...

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
It looked like there was definately room for the machine. Let me know I have 2 bottles of Hornitos that need to be put to good use.;)

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
The bow is not covered by the over hangs. You can also side arm cast off the back. I actually cast better side armed after doing it so much. Just like swinging a baseball bat.
As far as jigs I mostly use hammered diamond jigs. Everyone has there favorites but I seem to hook up as much as anyone else and they are cheap!

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
If you have 15 already the trip should make. I may jump onboard but Can't commit until closer to trip time...

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
I've been looking for a 50 or 80 at the right price, missed a Tiagra 80 for $350 on e-bay as I was talking on the phone and not paying attention.

Four to fourteen ounce jigs. I use more seven to ten ounce butterfly types.
Bid sniper is your friend.

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
The Cat boats are good boats. The wharf cat is a faster boat and would make more of a trip on those short hr trips.
I would not go to Dolphin Dock unless you were going on the Express. The la pesca is slower than a snail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts