Scat Cat - Port Aransas, Texas

Discussion in 'Charter Boat & Party Boat' started by DeepBlueGulf, Nov 6, 2008.

1. DeepBlueGulf

DeepBlueGulf Senior Member

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post a few pictures of the Scat Cat out of Fisherman's Wharf in Port Aransas, Texas.

This boat has some great potential!

Tom - Deep Blue Gulf

Attached Files:

2. DeepBlueGulf

Here are a few more. I don't have time for captions, but you should all be able to figure out what is being shown.

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

Attached Files:

rtran likes this.

3. DeepBlueGulf

Just a couple more pictures.

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

Attached Files:

4. margarita mojo

margarita mojo Senior Member

That is gonna be a blast with only 20 people on it.

Joe

5. rtran

rtran Senior Member

the boat is pretty awesome...which one is of the back of the boat?

6. rtran

rtran Senior Member

Not much room back there. It would suck if alot of people wanted to cast.
    [​IMG]

7. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah but cutting that off and taking those benches out would really open it up.

tell them to put another engine in there and get it to cruise at 24 knots :)

8. rtran

rtran Senior Member

oh yeaaaa

9. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

with a little tweaking... this boat could be a prime contender in the tuna fishery!!! I like it!

10. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I'm in for after thanksgiving weekend.

11. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I am hoping the trips go well this winter. If they do I hope FW will consider using the Wharf cat for these trips next year also.
    I am pretty sure it cruises close to 24 knots.
    Its definately faster than the scat cat. A little smaller but not too much.
    A boat that can do over 20 knots can cover much more ground.

12. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I am hoping the trips go well this winter. If they do I hope FW will consider using the Wharf cat for these trips next year also.
    I am pretty sure it cruises close to 24 knots.
    Its definately faster than the scat cat. A little smaller but not too much.
    A boat that can do over 20 knots can cover much more ground.

How fast is scat cat?

13. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

yeah if it can do over 20 knots that'd be excellent and worth the drive. a 2 day trip you could really get good fishing time in.

14. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

How fast is scat cat?
    I don't know for fact but I heard about the same as gulf eagle/pelican...

15. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Every rod holder had receptacle outlet next to it.
    What's that for ? electric reel power ?

16. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

DeepBlueGulf,

Thanks for taking all those pictures. It's been 33 years since I was on that boat. I remember my father was going to take me and my brother on it, but he stayed up to late with his friends. I didn't know what a hangover was at the time. So, he dropped us off at the dock that morning and went back to bed.:cool:

Back then, it was two snappers on every drop. No limits on size or quantity. When he showed up to pick us up, he was in shock to see our big pile of snapper. It took us over an hour just to turn them into fillets.:)

That upper deck is huge. I remember Gunsmoke through a bachelor's party for a buddy about 20 years ago on the Scat Cat. He got some girls from a strip joint in Corpus. It was wild. All the people at the dock wanted on that boat as we departed.:D The Capt had a blast also. He just took us into the Corpus Christi Bay and anchored for the evening. If that upper deck could talk, it would probably remember that party. I'll leave the details to myself and my memory.:D

When did you take these pictures?
    What are the odds of taking the Ulimate Milk Crate up those stairs?
    Have they began converting the interior to bunks?

I would recommend putting rod holders all along the perimeter that upper deck. You could even build a super rocket launcher to hold hold at least 100 rods and place it in the center of the upper deck.

17. DeepBlueGulf

Mr. Bill,

I took these two weeks ago, just haven't had time to post them. The upper deck really is huge, but no easy way to take ice chests up the steps. Milk Crates and rods and reels would fit up there just fine, and the space between the benches and the rail look like they would hold the milk crates just fine, with plenty to tie off to. If there was a short gangway that went from the dock up to the second story, then everything, including ice chests, could be put up there pretty easily. Ultimate MilkCrate will not make it up the stairs, might get a cherrypicker from down the street to load it topside though.

I didn't see any bunks, but was in a hurry. I'm short enough I wouldn't have any trouble sleeping in those seats! Bunks aren't near as important as being able to get to the floaters! There are three bathrooms, and I saw a shower in one of them, and it does have hot water.

Ronnie Hale has a great reputation, and this boat has a great potential!! Let's give her a few trips before we start demanding they cut off the overhang, lol!

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

18. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I don't know for fact but I heard about the same as gulf eagle/pelican...

That is good as long as they don't baby the throttle...