Scat cat july tuna

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by SpecialK, Jun 30, 2009.

1. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I just put my name on the list for the July 20th trip. They are planning on hitting beaudreax again so I wanted to give it a shot. Hopefully some of you can join!

2. blueskies

blueskies Member

I wish we could go! Have Fun!

3. margarita mojo

margarita mojo Senior Member

I wish we could go! Have Fun!

Thurs-friday trips would work best with my schedule,

4. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

They aren't going to do any weekend trips till late September... That's why I broke down and jumped on a weekday trip...

5. duc996

duc996 Member

SpecialK, is 9 the minimum to sail? Thanks.

6. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Nope the last I check nine was the minimum needed to make 15. 15 Is the min to sail... 15 People means boat feels empty!

7. tunatexas

tunatexas Senior Member

Just got off the June 56 hr on Scat Cat - it is a great boat expecially when
    weather and seas get bad. Fishing off this boat over 30 years - the bunks
    finally made it work for Long trips.

8. longgar

longgar Moderator

Myself and two others just signed up on Monday. See ya there!!! Tell me more about beaudreax if you dont mind. Location, depth, any history etc.. I love knowing more about the trips I'm going on. Thanks and tight lines!!

9. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Beaudreax is around 120 miles east of south padre jetties if I remember correctly.
    I think the depth is right around 3500 ft.
    It's about like fishing at any other floater. It's big!
    I think it consistantly holds more fish due to the lack of structure anywhere close by...

10. Snagged

Snagged Senior Member

Just got off the June 56 hr on Scat Cat - it is a great boat expecially when
    weather and seas get bad. Fishing off this boat over 30 years - the bunks
    finally made it work for Long trips.

That you Mike?

Jerry (Snagged)

11. longgar

longgar Moderator

Does anybody know how the crew tags the fish on the ScatCat?

12. etan

etan Senior Member

They scratch your initials on the fish. I'd reccomend marking it yourself with a ziptie or something similar.

13. longgar

longgar Moderator

Thanks, I will go buy some before the trip.

14. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

Does anyone know how many people are on it.

15. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

As of yesterday morning they had 9. They will go with 14. I have talked to 2 others that are trying to free up to make the trip.

16. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

What is the info on the trip when they leave when they return and what there Phone # is . I might try and get on this. What is the most they will take? THanks STEve

17. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Last time I was on the boat we left about 8am on day 1 and returned in the eveing of day 3. I think they stayed out a little longer than planned as the weather was tough and they wanted to make sure we got our moneys worth of fishing...
    800-605-5448
    I can't say enough good things about the Captain and crew on this boat.

18. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

How do they do the eating? Can you bring on an ice chest? and how big. Did you say they take 15 people at most? Thanks Steve

19. wellcraft26

wellcraft26 Senior Member

How do they do the eating? Can you bring on an ice chest? and how big. Did you say they take 15 people at most? Thanks Steve

24 bunks-that the limit.but will sail with 15:D
    you can bring your own cooler /food/beer( no bottles) and the deck hands will pull it out of your vehicle and lift it to the upper deck $$$.There is a small gas grill -bring seasoning you like for fresh fish:D the cook has microwave sandwiches/ burgers and but does make egg breakfast.

bring plenty of cheap 6oz-8oz hammerd diamond jigs and glow in the dark jigs -you will burn thru them:eek:

This is a great boat- go if you can!:cool:
    Joe

20. longgar

longgar Moderator

Any Ark.Tuna Mafia boys going to make this trip? I fished with yall last year on the Big E w/ Bao.