360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to come down from Seattle to try some TX fishing and look around Houston. I just spoke to Mike at Scat Cat and no one has signed up yet. I thought I would try the Jan 8th 36hr or Jan 15th 56hr but I dont know if enough will sign up or the weather will cancel the trip. They need at least 15 to go. Everyone just waiting until after New years to get fishy? Bringing gear on the airlines is a big pain but they can provide gear on the trip. Any back up fishing trips on those same weekends? Maybe some shallow water fishing? I plan to attend the Houston Boat show during that time too. Any advise would help a lot.

Harold

·
1,703 Posts
The Big E has a 60hr trip scheduled for the weeknd of 1/15. I'm signed up and I hear they have about 10 signed up as of last week. Hoping they fill up.

·
246 Posts
I am also on the jan. 15th big E trip along with my nephew who has been on a 56 hour scat cat and one other trip with me this year. Look forward to seeing old friends, an meeting new ones

·
781 Posts
I brought gear with me from Anaheim last week and am looking around also. An early Jan. trip I can do but after that I have to start heading home.

·
1,703 Posts
Hope to meet you on the Big E Rance.

TXtuna, you cant do wrong with either boat. Will be the first time on the Big E for me. Did the Scat Cat in Oct and had a great time.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I will try to arrange Jan 8 on the Scat Cat and Jan 15 on the Big E. I understand the Big E has bunks for a nap. Even 36 hr without a few hours sleep would make for a weary bunch of fisherman. A 60 hr would be a bunch of zombies. I will have to wait until Monday and the Big E webpage is back on line. Would a Saragosa 14000 & 18000 cover me on both trips? Is as a Penn 30W, Penn 113h, Daiwa 40h or Avet MXL the ticket?

H

·
114 Posts
Maybe I will try to arrange Jan 8 on the Scat Cat and Jan 15 on the Big E. I understand the Big E has bunks for a nap. Even 36 hr without a few hours sleep would make for a weary bunch of fisherman. A 60 hr would be a bunch of zombies. I will have to wait until Monday and the Big E webpage is back on line. Would a Saragosa 14000 & 18000 cover me on both trips? Is as a Penn 30W, Penn 113h, Daiwa 40h or Avet MXL the ticket?

H
the scat cat also has bunks, this will be my 3rd trip on this boat, alway get well rested on the trip out,

·
128 Posts
the scat cat also has bunks, this will be my 3rd trip on this boat, alway get well rested on the trip out,

both boats are great- with good capt & crew--I sleep on the way out and in.

·
391 Posts

H
You will enjoy either boats, the rods and reels mentioned,will do the the
job. Do not forget to have some 7-10 oz. jigs in that range - and at least
a couple of top water lures before you leave. They do not have these on
board available. Wow, our call names are the same just reversed. Hope,
you have a great time!

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was just starting to get some gear together. I think I will bring the Saragosa 14k and 18k. The rods are Daiwa Saltiga Ulua Popping Rod SA-PP802HFS - 2 piece I got for travel rods. I bought one 8' and the other 8'-6". I will set up one for jigging and the other popping.
Yeah your name is really cool. I bet you are super smart too.:rolleyes:

Harold

·
Ultimate Warrior
2,888 Posts
Anyone on the 24hr Tuna Trip this weekend?

Looks to be 2-3ft seas:)

Wonder where there going to be fishing leaving at 6:00pm....

·
3 Posts
I'll bring it to the Top,,

It there a 24 Hour On the Skat KAT Bote, Soon?

Did Ya'll go Out??

Thank's

Pat

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Give Fishermans wharf a call.

A group of us from the forum will be aboard for the April 16th 56 hour. It'll be a blast.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts