Scat Cat 56hr Tuna safari Nov. 6-8, 2020.

Discussion in 'Charter Boat & Party Boat' started by lite-liner, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

That picture looks a little scratchy yellowfin wise. correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t see too many yellowfin in that picture

rwc3500 likes this.
  2. awesum

awesum Senior Member

19 YFT, 15 do-do, 3 hooters

Gonefishings and semipro like this.

3. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

from my understanding, lots of YFT were lost to terminal tackle malfunctions (leaders, hooks, etc).

4. jpgrfan

jpgrfan Well-Known Member

I'm a newbie.
    What are do-do and Hooters?

: )

5. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

well, Hooters are wahoo
    and do-do's are Dorado.
    what were YOU thinking about ??

Gonefishings and oldtrackster like this.
  6. jpgrfan

jpgrfan Well-Known Member

Thx!

7. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

23 of my buddies and I just came back from a Scat Cat trip. It was her madden voyage - we went to a drill ship near perdido. Seas to 10ft & lotsa rain kept things interesting. Fishing was ok with 11YF ( the largest was caught by my buddies son and was his first - 94#) A couple wahoo on the troll out. BF were entertaining as usual. Capt Ronnie and co-Capt Fred were dynamite. The crew was first class and worked their tails off helping everyone do everything. Deadly with a cast net on squid and flyers. The boat was faster (20% ish) and clean. Engines seemed quieter and cleaner running. The rod holders were great. Free ice for your coolers pre and post trip was a nice new benefit. Can’t wait to go back....starting to twitch......

esgeo, lite-liner and Stevo like this.
  8. Jarhead

Jarhead Member

lite-liner, Stevo and Gonefishings like this.
  9. hyperman

hyperman Senior Member

Open trip on oct 30th. Just sayin. contact me if interested.

hstsw likes this.
  10. hyperman

hyperman Senior Member

seven large hangers, 14 small yellowfin, they are laid out left and right side lines in the field of blackfin. We ate two YFT aboard. Had over 45 hookups, but lots of losses (line breaks and pulled hooks mostly). None were lost at the gaff, if the fish got to the boat, it was welcomed aboard with a brain spike and a bleed and a cold water bath to get ready for ice, like always.

11. hyperman

hyperman Senior Member

Love the new electronics, I goosed her a bit going through the jetties: IMG_9310.JPG IMG_9292.JPG