Scat Cat 56hr Tuna safari Nov. 6-8, 2020.

Discussion in 'Charter Boat & Party Boat' started by lite-liner, Oct 14, 2020.

1. lite-liner

lite-liner troll enforcement Staff Member

After nearly a year's worth of repairs, upgrades and improvements The Scat Cat is ready to rock!
    After careful planning my group quietly developed this trip in hopes that all the strings would
    pull together by November. Well, it has and WE ARE GOING! But we need 2 more anglers to cover a late pair of dropouts and bring us back to 24. Price is $1000 PP.
    For those of you accustomed to fishing the Scat Cat trips, nothing has really changed. you can still put your rods, coolers and crates up top, EVERYBODY GETS A BUNK, Grill outside, working shower, etc. only real change in the rules is no more cooking in the cabin. (food prep is ok)
    Rod holders everywhere, so no more storing rods in the cabin, either. (I actually think this is a good thing.)
    Actually a lot of things have changed: New engines/trans with more HP, new props, new plumbing, new electrical/electronics package, 26 new bunks/mattresses, 3 new life raft modules, etc, among all the other tweaks that a full re-furb includes. The boat is reported to have a cruise speed "Much Faster" than the previous 12-14 kn. creating more fishing time.
    For those unfamiliar, the Scat Cat and her crew is welcoming to ALL types of fishing.
    it's 24 anglers on an 85' boat, gives room to jig, chunk and cast all at the same time.
    Our own Hyperman will be 2nd Capt. behind a local legend, Capt. Ronnie Hale, the deckhands are all tuna veterans and know how to run a boat during a hot bite and get your fish in the box.
    So if you're interested, I think this trip promises new and exciting things. Please reply here
    with any questions, and I, Hyperman, or Awesum will answer as necessary.

Thanks & tight lines!
    -Brian

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  2. lite-liner

3. awesum

awesum Senior Member

scatcat1.jpg

scatcat1.jpg

bunks.jpg

sc4.jpg

Upper deck rod holders have been installed since this pic was made

4. semipro

semipro Senior Member

I hope we will make that deck very bloody:)

lite-liner, Gonefishings and awesum like this.
  5. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

Great boat, lots of 360 history with that boat, I still remember each and every trip I took on that boat . I was lucky enough to catch a limit every time and most guys who put their time in did about the same . Capt Russell was a fishing machine and a great source of information on what they were biting, lures , colors etc .
    Mr Fred is super knowledgeable and I don’t know if he has the same energy as I remember but he is a top level fisherman and a very good guy. Can’t really say enough good things about him.
    It’s great that the old girl got a facelift but unfortunately at $1k a trip it’s out of my budget at this point in time .

6. hyperman

hyperman Senior Member

Minor correction:
    Ronnie JR is an excellent captain and tuna guy in his own right, but we have the original Ronnie Hale full time at fishermans wharf.

As the season goes on they may be adding up to 4 more bunks to bring total capacity to 30. of course, if you book a private you can bring as few as can afford the $24k.
    Expect a quick first report sunday evening.

7. hyperman

hyperman Senior Member

IMG_9280.JPG

Deckie Brandon aligning the new upper deck rod holders. He is a cat certified Mechanic and going to learn tuna pretty fast. Decks: Darryl, JD and Jonnie will be on the maiden voyage tomorrow.

tugasangler, rwc3500 and Gonefishings like this.
  8. awesum

awesum Senior Member

9. awesum

awesum Senior Member

I fished with the original Ronnie as captain on the Scat Cat years ago ;)

We stand at 21 peeps and 2 tire kickers at the moment.

10. iyaman

iyaman Senior Member

I wish i could join!!!! BUT.....hopefully..... your trip will be as awesome as when we did the.... ONE LAST DRIFT!!!!

hamster1, lite-liner and Gonefishings like this.
  11. semipro

semipro Senior Member

Do you want me to use my sex appeal for the tire kickers:D

awesum likes this.
  12. lite-liner

I really like the idea of the rod holders being welded to the seat frames instead of clamped to the rail.

13. CDB

CDB Member

Looks great. Glad to see the Scat Cat back in the game. I can't make this trip, but definitely will try to get back down there again.

fillet2release and Gonefishings like this.
  14. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Have you seen the rod holders Fred had installed up on the bow? He texted me a pic but I accidentally deleted it before I saved it. Maybe he will post it when he's back from the floaters.

lite-liner likes this.
  15. bnz

bnz Just a guy who likes to fish

If only I had known about this trip 3 mos early (when I have to request days off for work) I’d be on it! Can’t wait to see the report. Hope you guys tear them up.

16. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

I cant wait! Gonna be a great time!

fillet2release likes this.
  17. Uncle Zeek

Uncle Zeek Member

Still have a space available for this one?

18. awesum

awesum Senior Member

We're about full pending money delivery but we'd sure like to put you on stand-by.

After all ... it IS 2020.

19. awesum

awesum Senior Member

Here's a pic Fred texted to me of today's catch

001.JPG

K newton likes this.
  20. lite-liner

So we are full, with a couple of stand-by's
    thanks and y'all just wait for the kill list...

Maitai53, iyaman and bnz like this.