Scat Cat 56 Hr. Tuna Trip Aug 24

Discussion in 'Boat Pooling' started by JKB, Jul 23, 2009.

1. JKB

JKB Site Sponsor

56 Hr. Tuna Trip on the Scat Cat;)

2. JKB

JKB Site Sponsor

Thanks to everyone that made our July trip go. Great fishin! Our next trip will be August 24-26. Give me a call if you wanna go. 361-749-5448 ask for Jan

3. wadefisherman

wadefisherman Tuna Club Member

Come on guys....that's enough sleep....wake up and write us a long, detail report :)

4. duanegilbert

duanegilbert Junior member

I also would like to thank all aboard the Scat Cat for my most wonderful first Tuna trip! The weather was great, crew most helpful, A/C was good, And the Captains did all that was needed to make this a great trip! I've set up many exclusive offshore charters that were great. None could come near the enjoyment of this trip!!!!

The fresh caught snack & grilled breakfast was astonishing!!

KUDOS to all

5. tunacrazy

tunacrazy Senior Member

The Scat Cat is a good fishing platform, I fished it in June and will be on the august trip also. Jan and the rest of the crew at F.W. are great to deal with. Capt. Hale really like to get the fish. So if you can get signed up and lets fish.

6. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

I wish I didn't have all these damn weddings so I could jump on this august trip! I think the tuna fishing is only going to get better as the year goes on!
    At least I get to go again in September and October...

7. SkeeterRonnie

SkeeterRonnie Senior Member

fish are only going to get bigger :)

8. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

Anyone going in Aug. ?

9. tunacrazy

tunacrazy Senior Member

Myself and two others are going on the aug and one of the oct trips, looks like the july trip was about like the june trip that we made. Hey this a great deal here, the boat great to fish from, the number of anglers is not as overwhelming as some of the other boats,and the capt. and crew are good at what they do. Oh did I mention price!!! Looks like I will be using this outfit for overnight floater trips. This boat has just what you need, plenty of rail, a place to crash when your just to tired to go on, and a capt. that love to catch fish. Hope to see you guys on one of these trips Bruce

10. margarita mojo

margarita mojo Senior Member

Hey Kurtis,

How many Shibuki's should I bring on our next trip. Did you lose any?

11. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Hey Kurtis,

How many Shibuki's should I bring on our next trip. Did you lose any?
    Knock on wood!!!
    I didn't lose any but had one malfuction. Reminds me that I need to call anglers pro and ask them what to do with it... Just filled up with water.

Actually the only lure I lost was a very expensive Black Bart that I need to repay Drifter for... "Someone" dropped it in the water...:mad:

Last time I ordered I pulled the trigger and ordered 10. I wanted to make sure I had some for a while and didn't need them when they were out.

I think you should be fine with 2 or 3 unless the cudas show up and play with them. Make sure you have good knots...

12. margarita mojo

Will do,

I will probably get 6-7 of them. See ya soon for some more tuna action.

Joe

13. tunacrazy

tunacrazy Senior Member

Those cuda have good taste in lures. They can smell one of the shibuki's from 50yds away, swim past other lures just to get one of these baits. Tink, there goes 40 bucks.

14. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

Can someone show me what a shibuki lure looks like? thanks Steve

15. Fishhead56

Fishhead56 Senior Member

4 in photo next to red lines

Kev

Attached Files:

16. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

17. margarita mojo

Its only money!! Spend it and make more!

18. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I don't think you need that many. Maybe 4 at max

19. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

That's what I was thinking. I only bought so many because the colors I like were unavialable for so long. It my favorite tuna lure so I don't like being without.

20. SSFIREMSN

SSFIREMSN Senior Member

Where is the best place to get a couple at a good price?

21. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Pretty much your option is anglers proshop, kilsong or find somwhere else online...