360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
638 Posts
I'm pretty sure they left this a.m. They ought to be trying real hard to get the decks red before the cold front gets that far south.

Fred

·
2,020 Posts
should be some good/great fishing right before the front hits . might be a little sporty on the way in ;) hehe

·
638 Posts
Think it may be a little sporty now. Winds gusting over 30 here in Austin. Hope they loaded the boat last night. You could jig today just with the motion of the boat.

Fred

·
63 Posts
You're not kidding. I worked outside all day, several times the wind blew over 40mph. One time it blew the sunglasses off my head. I couldn't stop thinking of those guys out there. Hope they are allright. To be honest with you, I'm now glad I couldn't make it. I like to catch fish but I like to be somewhat comfortable doing it.

·
812 Posts
They are definitely out there. DeepBlueGulf, (the guy with the bottom of a helicopter as his avatar), called them this morning and the Scat Cat is out in those heavy seas.

They are expected to return around 4pm today...so check out the Port A cam around 4pm. The girl that Tom spoke with indicated that they are having a great trip....lots of yellowfin and blackfin tuna being caught.

·
663 Posts
The Scat Cat is out there, but there isn't a cam at the dock, when I asked about a fish cam to see the fish, she mentioned that people can drive up to the dock to see the fish unload. STX misunderstood, he was too busy asking out the pregnant waitress at breakfast to understand me... lol!

The gal at the dock did say they were catching YFT and Blackfin! If I get a chance to go out there I'll go and take some pics and post them. Hoping they had a good trip! There is only one boat in Port A that can get out in those seas, that's the Scat Cat!

DBG

·
812 Posts
She isn't pregnant....she just has a stomach virus. :D

My bad on the Port A cam. That's at Deep Sea Headquarters....not at the Scat Cat dock.

·
1,025 Posts
Man, I miss those breakfast meetings!:)

She isn't pregnant....she just has a stomach virus. :D

My bad on the Port A cam. That's at Deep Sea Headquarters....not at the Scat Cat dock.

·
2,835 Posts
Isn't that place you guys meet at a religious restaurant?

I sure hope one of you CC tunaheads didn't cause the stomach virus. Paying 18 years of child support at this time of your life could put a serious dent in future fishing trips and tackle purchases. :eek:

The lesson here is to go out on 56 hour trips like the Scat Cat one. Those multi-day tuna trips aren't exactly the place to meet women.:rolleyes: I've never talked to anyone that fell in love with a woman on a tuna boat.:D

·
1,025 Posts
I heard one motor is not working well so they will be back later in the evening. Hopefully it will only be a slow ride back in 7-10 foot seas without much drama.

·
638 Posts
Man, I'm glad they're okay. Those seas had to be ROUGH. There's no doubt they'll have fishing or seafaring stories to tell. I'll try and get a call to Louis and or Ronnie Hale for the report. The Scat Cat rocks. At least it did this weekend.

Fred

·
812 Posts
I sure hope one of you CC tunaheads didn't cause the stomach virus. Paying 18 years of child support at this time of your life could put a serious dent in future fishing trips and tackle purchases. :eek:

I might be cockeyed ... but I don't think my previous ogling gave her the virus...lol.

·
638 Posts
Just talked to Ronnie. They're back. I'll let the fishermen post it up but Ronnie said 15 footers. Tuna was a little slow, i think he said they got 6 YF. They had to modify the trip a little w one engine running half throttle. First night was good weatherwise, Saturday it got wild.

Fred

·
1,025 Posts
Glad to hear they are back. I don't care fishing for YFT in rough seas because the YFT fishing is usually poor under those conditions. The chunk bite stinks and it is hard to cast in bad seas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts