360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I managed to get out to see the Scat Cat come in and took a few pictures to share. It was great to see Louis and Special K again. Also saw ALW and Mr and Mrs. BrokeJeep! Got to visit with the captain and crew and also walked aboard the S/C to check out the new bunks. It all looks good!

It's great to see more options for Texas long-range fisherman and I think the Scat Cat could turn out to be the best all around boat in Texas. Limited to 25 anglers, the boat won't be crowded, there is plenty of room on the rail for jigging and chunking, and with a big bow, plenty of poppers can be tossed at the same time. Add good bunks, and plenty of booths for eating or rigging, and a catamaran hull that smooths out the waves and you've got a heck of a platform for the long trips! This boat is a keeper!!

Like I said, the bunks are in place, and they look really good, and as the pictures show, are good sized. The hot shower looked nice too, no need to stradle a toilet like some other boats, and big enough you don't have to soap up the walls BEFORE you get in like I had to do on one boat in San Diego.

I'll let the anglers tell their stories, but it's nice to get out and see some tuna at the docks.

Tom - DeepBlueGulf

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,569 Posts
Tom, thanks for posting the pictures. Mrbill should be happy to see that Hyper-man made it out with us. Very fun trip!

·
1,025 Posts
Glad to see everyone back and that they caught some tuna!

That last sunset pic is great!!

The bunks look nice.

·
2,835 Posts
Yea, he told me he was going. Nice guy. I've fished with him a couple of times. His engine never stops. I was going to join him but I had a commitment on Friday night that had been on the calendar for months.

·
1,321 Posts
Tom, I thought I saw you as we were driving away. You're right, I really liked this boat and its crew. It was pretty obvious they really wanted to fish, and were not to worried about departure time, etc. messing it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts