360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
866 Posts
Trip is a go, looks like a downwind ride out , and again coming back.
I'll be on the boat 6pm on thursday eve and there for the night so y'all can sleep aboard if you like.
Of course, i won't be on the trip due to shoulder surgery, i could not carry out my duties as captain.

·
697 Posts
y'all can sleep aboard if you like
Fred, this is good news:D,thank you,I am not on this trip
Hope your shoulder is getting better.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It’s awesome they are letting people stay the night on the boat . Normally it used to be a meet and great time, check tackle and talk tackle, set up drags, tie knots etc.
to the newbies :
I would try to stay awake as much as possible and go to sleep once the boat leaves so you can sleep all the way to the rigs and be fresh all night. It’s a long haul ( I know they put new engines that will make the old girl faster ) and it’s best to conserve as much energy as possible.

·
113 Posts
the very very best trip i even been on in all years i been fishing 56hr trips great crew !!!!!!!!!!!!! i caught all my fish my self and even hand off after i had to many so much ROOM to fish fast boat smooth riding one old gezzer !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Really good group of guys with everyone getting along and working together. Deckhands were working hard and having lots of fun doing it.

Bite was hot on the troll and halcos with bigger yft coming on chunk Friday.
Troll was hot again Saturday am with more yft and the first blue marlin hookup. Second blue hookup was solid and it was dumping line until it jumped and broke the leader at the crimp. Folks were estimating 400lbs or so. I think Bobby got it on video, will check with him later.
Saturday night the action was mainly halcos and poppers early with a few bigger fish coming on chunk. Lost a nice pig of a fish when it wrapped on the prop after going all the way around the boat. We were limited at that point and Dolphin express had just moved to the drillship, so Ronnie decided to run in to try to catch the sunrise wahoo bite at southern. Unfortunately that ended up only being a couple kingfish and Bonita. Hit Aransas rocks as well on the way in, but with flat seas the action was slow.

·
603 Posts
Does anyone have pics of the inside of the Scat Cat (tables / benches and bunks)???
I have pics of tables somewhere but don't have time to look at the moment

bunks1-15-starboard.jpg
bunks16-24-port.jpg

Attachments

41 - 60 of 66 Posts