360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few tunahead friends and I are hoping to put together a trip on the newly refurbished Scat Cat for the weekend of January 15th-16th 56 hour trip. This should be as close to the new moon as possible without running mid week. Hoping it will be yet another epic trip.
As of now there are 4-6 of us committed, but the minimum for the boat to leave is 14 as I understand it. Anyone want to jump on and help fill the last 8-10 spots? With 14 or so folks, should be lots of elbow room to start 2021 with an awesome trip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
After our initial trip canceled due to motor issues I tried to get on with y’all but I called, left voicemails and emailed thru the website and couldn’t get a response from anyone at the office to book the trip. So, I ended up finding a trip out of Venice on the 26th and 27th.

If any of y’all have any input with the Scat Cat peeps please pass the word they’re probably losing business by not returning phone calls, voicemail and, such.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Because of the cancellation of our December trip, SnapperGeorge and I plan to be on this one and it will be my first time.

People, please sign up... we don't need two cancellations in a row!

AL

·
607 Posts
If any of y'all have any input with the Scat Cat peeps please pass the word they're probably losing business by not returning phone calls, voicemail and, such.
Well, Fred (hyperman) here on 360 would be a good start. He just had shoulder surgery (that's another thread) but can type with two fingers. Why not shoot him a PM?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well, Fred (hyperman) here on 360 would be a good start. He just had shoulder surgery (that's another thread) but can type with two fingers. Why not shoot him a PM?
I'm assuming by your message he's got skin in the Scat Cat so, I'll shoot him a message. I've already booked with a trip in Venice so hopefully it'll be better for next time I try to get on this boat.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm assuming by your message he's got skin in the Scat Cat so, I'll shoot him a message. I've already booked with a trip in Venice so hopefully it'll be better for next time I try to get on this boat.
Depending where you are from and what is your level will make the decision easier. If you are in Texas and like casting topwaters and have experience I would go scat cat. If you are a new guy just getting into the sport and just want to catch a tuna anyway possible ( and don't mind many times the captain hooking and handing you the rod) Or fishing bait you might consider Venice .
depending on time of year you can also target bigger yellowfin and wahoo in Venice .
I did both and must say the scat cat would be a no brainer for me . The prices are a little higher then what it used to be ( if you are not local and have to drive if fly into Venice it will be just as spendy). The scar i heard is much faster Than it used to be and has a very friendly and knowledgeable crew ( I like Mr Fred very much) and he and Mr Luis ( Drifter) were the guys I always looked up to When fishing the older 360tuna trips. Good luck with your adventure and make some great memories

·
Registered
85 Posts
Depending where you are from and what is your level will make the decision easier. If you are in Texas and like casting topwaters and have experience I would go scat cat. If you are a new guy just getting into the sport and just want to catch a tuna anyway possible ( and don't mind many times the captain hooking and handing you the rod) Or fishing bait you might consider Venice .
depending on time of year you can also target bigger yellowfin and wahoo in Venice .
I did both and must say the scat cat would be a no brainer for me . The prices are a little higher then what it used to be ( if you are not local and have to drive if fly into Venice it will be just as spendy). The scar i heard is much faster Than it used to be and has a very friendly and knowledgeable crew ( I like Mr Fred very much) and he and Mr Luis ( Drifter) were the guys I always looked up to When fishing the older 360tuna trips. Good luck with your adventure and make some great memories
I've been on the Scat Cat a few times. I have always liked this boat and the accommodations. I'd go a couple times a year when I lived in Austin. Now that I'm in Denton it's a little harder to find the amount of time necessary to get to Port Aransas.
This will be my first time out of Venice with Captain Eddie Burger.

I'm no pro tuna head by any means. I was jonesing for a tuna trip this year and had to find one. I was scheduled to go on a private trip out of Galveston but the trip was canceled. I admit. I'm a junkie and I needed a fix only the fight of a tuna could provide relief for.

My only intent with my post was to say I could not get a response to book a trip and I ended up going elsewhere. Port A is still rebuilding and needs the revenue. If someone knew someone there they could pass the message along. Thanks to the info I got the message has been passed along.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Live up in Denton County and lots of logistics for me. I've utilized all methods call, text, and utilized Captain Fred and have always gotten a response. I have spoken to many friends who have been booking trips elsewhere and its been a tough year between COVID and politicians, weather, its not been easy. Looking forward to trip on Scat Cat.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts