Saragosa

Discussion in 'Reel Repair' started by FishingAddict, Mar 23, 2009.

1. FishingAddict

FishingAddict Member

I got a saragosa 18k about a month ago. When I bought it, it was wobbling pretty good. I sent it to Shimano and they didn't do a dang thing to it. Is there any way to fix this or was this $300 down the tube?

2. shooter75

shooter75 Member

If its such a bad wobble why didn't Shimano fix it? What was their reason?

3. shooter75

shooter75 Member

It could be because your rotor was machined out of round or your main shaft is bent.

4. A.whitman

A.whitman Senior Member

or because the bail didn't close all the way. my saragosa 18000 and even my stellas warbled on retrieve occasionally. it was because the bail arm wasn't all the way closed.

5. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

or because the bail didn't close all the way. my saragosa 18000 and even my stellas warbled on retrieve occasionally. it was because the bail arm wasn't all the way closed.
    Mine too. I recommend always closing the saragosa bail manually even though it will close automatically.

6. FishingAddict

FishingAddict Member

Thanks for the replies. I do close my bail manually, but I'll make sure it is shut all the way and make sure the screws tight too. I'm still going to use it though, just don't want it breaking. Although if it does break, Shimano would have to fix it then :).

7. FishingAddict

FishingAddict Member

Tried out the reel over the weekend. The wobbling makes it harder to reel, so for jigging it pretty much sucks. I'm gonna stick with it though since I bought it.

8. alantani

alantani Senior Member

9. FishingAddict

FishingAddict Member

Thanks, I'll do that.