360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im new here, im Jonathan from Malta (Europe) :)

I started jigging about 10months ago, first i started with an okuma eclips 65 since i already had that reel, then i changed to a ryobi AP Power 8000. Do you know anyting about this reel?? i bought it from italy for 130 euros.

Now im thinking to upgrade to a saragosa 8000F, should this reel be better than the ryobi?? i use 50lbs line and mostly fish dentex and AJ's, which here rearly are over 20kg. I usually use 5kg of drag and on exceptions i go up to 6kg approximately 14lbs. should the saragosa be fine??

the stellas are out of the question for me till now since i'm still a poor student haha

·
1,201 Posts
If you are already considering your third reel upgrade in just ten months, I'd strongly suggest you save your money and buy a Stella and be done with it. In the long run, buying the best is cheaper than buying countless upgrade reels along the way. A used Stella in good condition would cost less than the three reels combined that you've already gone through or considered.

·
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can efford a stella but i think that as a student it is a bit unwise to get one!! do you think the saragosa can do the job?? probably in a year it will only encounter one fish in the 20kg range.

·
23 Posts
Ganni be a wise student and take hatidua advice save up and buy a stella.If you like the sport of saltwater fishing and plan on doing this for a long time.It's in your better intrest to spend the $ and buy the Stella.I dont have alot of money but i always buy the best it saves me $ in the long run!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts