Saltywater Tackle Bluefin tuna open spots on the Sea Breeze Feb 2013!

Discussion in 'Saltywater Tackle' started by Saltywater tackle, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle Site Sponsor

Hi Guys,
    For the past 4 years Saltywater Tackle was taking the lead on catching the first Bluefin tuna in North Carolina jigging and popping,
    2012 was an exception to us as we caught the first fish on January 14, and all fishes on that day measured from 82 inches to 84 inches,
    We've been chartering Captain Ned Ashby from Sea Breeze every year on the 4th of Feb, in 2009 &2010 &2011 we open up the season and caught the first fish on the same period,
    As such I booked 5 days on the Sea Breeze starting from the 4th of Feb and ending on the 8th,
    The cost for the charter will be $1800 excluding tips and will be divided between 5 anglers $360 per person, interested call us at the shop at 718 648 2665, we require $150.00 nonrefundable deposit for every day to secure the spot and the rest will be paid on the day we charter the boat, in case of a bad weather a full refund will be issued.
    The following is the schedule:

Feb 4th:
    1 Sami
    2 Courtland $150 deposit paid
    3 Courtland $150 deposit paid
    4 Hugh Phan $150 deposit paid
    5 John Tolerton $150 deposit paid

Feb 5th:
    1 Sami
    2 Courtland $150 deposit paid
    3 Courtland $150 deposit paid
    5 John Tolerton $150 deposit paid

Feb 6th:
    1 Sami
    2 Hugh Phan $150 deposit paid

Feb 7th:
    1 Sami
    2 Surfmonster
    3 Hugh Phan $150 deposit paid
    4 Surfmonster

Feb 8th:
    1 Sami
    2 Landlocked $150 deposit paid
    3 Surfmonster
    5 Surfmonster

Tight lines
    Sami

2. Courtland

Courtland Site Sponsor

I'd like Monday and Tuesday but am flexible based on the weather.

3. Saltywater tackle

I'd like Monday and Tuesday but am flexible based on the weather.

Hi Courtland,

Shall i put you on for those dates?

Tight lines
    Sami

4. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member Supporting Member

You're killing me with weekday trips lol. One more year i'll be retired and able to join in.
    Good luck guys!

Benny

5. Courtland

Courtland Site Sponsor

Please do. Give me 2 spots for both Monday and Tuesday. I also need you to bring me a rod or 2. We can discuss that later though.

6. Saltywater tackle

Please do. Give me 2 spots for both Monday and Tuesday. I also need you to bring me a rod or 2. We can discuss that later though.

Thank you Courtland,
    I have you for both requested days, look forward to fish with you :)

Tight lines
    Sami

7. Courtland

Courtland Site Sponsor

FYI, if the trip fills up I may relinquish 2nd. spot to someone who wants it and deserves it. I booked it so I would have company on the ride, although it is quite possible I cannot find a rider I will still pay 2 spots in full. You need me to call shop with CC#?

I would also like a "high end/no warranty/too much profit margin" 350-400G conventional to pair with a SOM. I like a FULLY parabolic/light tip section that will fully deflect under load leaving me a "short" butt section(maybe first 2 guides) to fight with. My JM 500G is too much rod for me and my 300 is not quite enough for that fishery. I will fish about 22-25# of drag and thumb it when needed. I usually finish up the battle around 28-30#. I am up for something new. What can you bring me, suggestions?

8. JIGMEISTER

JIGMEISTER Senior Member

"Too much profit margin".

That was good.

I wish I could make of of these days. Especially since Feb 6th is my birthday. Bummer.

9. mtmcj

mtmcj Junior member

The charter is 360 per man each day.

10. Saltywater tackle

FYI, if the trip fills up I may relinquish 2nd. spot to someone who wants it and deserves it. I booked it so I would have company on the ride, although it is quite possible I cannot find a rider I will still pay 2 spots in full. You need me to call shop with CC#?

I would also like a "high end/no warranty/too much profit margin" 350-400G conventional to pair with a SOM. I like a FULLY parabolic/light tip section that will fully deflect under load leaving me a "short" butt section(maybe first 2 guides) to fight with. My JM 500G is too much rod for me and my 300 is not quite enough for that fishery. I will fish about 22-25# of drag and thumb it when needed. I usually finish up the battle around 28-30#. I am up for something new. What can you bring me, suggestions?
    Hi Courtland,
    Yes, please call us at the shop.
    Three rods that we recommend are the OBX-5410XX, the MC Works SB 516SS and the Valley Hill Moari Spirits EXP-55XXB
    All three rods are equally parabolic but the OBX and Moari Spirits has a lighter tip due to the longer length.
    The OBX and MC Works rod have a max drag of 15kg and the Moari Spirits 14kg max drag.

Best regards,
    Paul.

11. fish520

fish520 Senior Member

Damn.........NO weekend trip for me LOLLLLL :( anyway good luck guys, catch em up :)

12. Warsaw

Warsaw Senior Member

Ray 31 days to go and we will be there!

13. mythosbeer

mythosbeer Senior Member

Wish I could join you guys on one of these days! My wife is due Feb 10th so no fishing for me until after my daughter arrives :)

14. Saltywater tackle

Damn.........NO weekend trip for me LOLLLLL :( anyway good luck guys, catch em up :)

Call in sick Ray :)

Wish I could join you guys on one of these days! My wife is due Feb 10th so no fishing for me until after my daughter arrives :)

Family comes first, good luck for you and your wife :)

Tight lines
    Sami

15. surfmonster

surfmonster Senior Member

Hasan!!!! I know you are posting all this just to TAUNT me.......:mad: I AM DYING TO GO!!!! I FKING HATE MY JOB!!!!! :p

:D :D :D

16. surfmonster

I AM IN!!!! PUT ME DOWN FOR 2 days - THU the 7ht and FRI the 8TH.

Sami, call me when u get to the shop please.

17. surfmonster

Ray, come on lets GO. I need a driving partner for Thursday - Friday :):)

18. Saltywater tackle

I AM IN!!!! PUT ME DOWN FOR 2 days - THU the 7ht and FRI the 8TH.

Sami, call me when u get to the shop please.

You got it brother!
    it is been a long time for you :) can't wait to have you on board.

Tight lines
    Sami

19. Saltywater tackle

Thank you for the payment Courtland,
    your payment is updated on the first page of the thread.

Tight lines
    Sami

20. BigAnchovy

BigAnchovy Senior Member

Hot Damn. I would have jumped on for Friday....But I already booked Stratton!