SALTWATER LICENSE ??

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by justin080799, Nov 24, 2009.

1. TS18997

TS18997 Senior Member

Bout time you guys stopped getting a free ride, we've had one in Texas for a while. :rolleyes:

Sign of the times...

2. dingoatemebaby

dingoatemebaby Senior Member

bummer, it was just a matter of time, the state would rather have the $ than give it to the feds, i wonder how much they will charge for running a charter boat...

3. DANTE25

DANTE25 Senior Member

its realy not that big of deal, as long as we dont give anymore money tot he feds.

4. kraken33

kraken33 Senior Member

You are just lucky you dont live out here in WA...licenses, catch record cards, use permits, special licenses for specific species...a guy has to study the regulation book just to figure out what he need to buy to be legal. I dont mind paying, just wish it was easier to stay on the right side of the law.

5. SteelingHeads

SteelingHeads Senior Member

Here's the question concerning the Saltwater license for the Northeast States.... Most guys (at least on this site) are not fishing State waters. Almost all are fishing Federal Waters and already have a Federal Tuna Permit. So, why worry about it if you are already licensed to take Tuna in Federal waters? Seems to me this law is targeting the inshore Striper guys.

6. toppuntawong

toppuntawong -- Tackle Ho --

Great! Nice to have it. We got them here in Florida.

7. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Senior Member

You really think that's bad? A friend and I went to Louisiana a few years back towing his Hewes Bayfisher. We were fly fishing for redfish out of Morgan City Louisiana. We went a buy a license and ended up having to buy a fresh water license and a salt water license. In Louisiana non-residents can't just buy a salt water license like you do in Florida. In order to get the salt water license in Louisiana you must buy both. It's kind of funny that often people don't really know how good things are until they are taken away.

8. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Member

It's a little different here in New England. Our states are small and in close proximity to each other. You can launch out of a CT port, go through NY waters to fish in RI all in the space of a few miles. Unless there is some reciprocity, it's going to get kind of expensive especially for the casual angler who might go out with friends occasionally. I regularly fish in CT,NY,RI, and MA. NY has already stated that they will recognize a CT license inside the Sound, but outside the Race you will need a NY license. Without reciprocity, I think you are going to push some people away. CT also just increased hunting and fishing license fees 100%! At least if they didn't piss it all away!!!!

9. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Here's the question concerning the Saltwater license for the Northeast States.... Most guys (at least on this site) are not fishing State waters. Almost all are fishing Federal Waters and already have a Federal Tuna Permit. So, why worry about it if you are already licensed to take Tuna in Federal waters? Seems to me this law is targeting the inshore Striper guys.

You will need a license if you bring the Fish back into state waters. There was a talk about requiring a federal license for fishing beyond state waters at one time, but that has fell thru

d-a