360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,723 Posts
Just my 2 cents, but I would go with a 40, it would match great on an OTI 300g and have enough line capacity for the big'uns if you hook up.

·
2,030 Posts
The Saltist 40 is the same match for the Torium 20. That is the switch I made also. I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my Saltist.

·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So which one is superior... anti reverse system, drag capabilities etc... thinking about buying a 40 but if it is not better than my Torium 20 then why but a new one.

I am under the impression the Saltist is more heavy duty than the Torium.

Let's hear it!!!

·
4 Posts
I have a 30 and a 40. The 40 is a beast as already stated. The 30 is little smaller but does fine loaded with braid. I use 50# but haven't had the chance at the bigger stuff yet. Largest I have fought with it is a 45 poundish AJ. The drag layed over and I had to thumb the spool some but I plan to put the carbons in there to correct that or at least that's my theory. The 40 is all that just as is! I have landed some large 100+ sharks as it outa the box. I still plan to up the drag with carbons though just cuz I can mostly. And the 40 holds PLENTY of line. IMHO

·
2,030 Posts
The Saltist is stronger than the Torium, but you can blow it up also if you lock down the drag, so I run mine about 2/3 and thumb the spool if I need to turn a fish from a wreck or reef. I blew up a Torium 20 - 3 times in 5 trips, while under warranty and Shimano fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts