360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,030 Posts
I haven't done mine yet but I am going to as soon as the warranty is up on my reel. The benefits are it is stronger and smoother.

·
1,334 Posts
What about replacing it with a regular bearing instead of the bushing? Does it need to be the ceramic bearing??

·
2,030 Posts
A bearing that rolls is always stronger than a bushing, plastic at that. It shouldn't have any negative affect on the antireverse bearing.

·
1,366 Posts
I just did the bushing to bearing upgrade for my Saltist 30T, and it does make it feel a bit stronger and more stable in the retrieve.

Ty

·
1,366 Posts
Awesome I still need to do mine and the carbontex drag as well.

I also have the carbontex drags to install, but I did not do it because I do not have Cal's Grease. You know if the Penn Grease would work, since I can get that down the road at my local Dick's Sporting Goods.

Overall I did notice an improvement in the bushings to bearings upgrade. Can't wait to test it out on the water.

Ty

·
2,030 Posts
Yes it will work but Alantani says that Cals grease is better. You can do with one and service it after the season with Cals.

·
1,366 Posts
Yes it will work but Alantani says that Cals grease is better. You can do with one and service it after the season with Cals.

ok. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts