360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do both share the same anti-reverse? I've ove owned and wore out a Saltists and looking to upgrade again and looking at the Saltigas... can I go wrong w/ the Saltiga or do I just save up and get one of them JM PE4 reels?.. will be putting together a OTI rod also.. 300-450 gram .. haven'ty decided yet. I prefer jigging the heavier jigs on a conventional and the lighter stuff on spinners.

Thanks again!

·
175 Posts
Same exact anti-reverse. Only difference is Saltist-Saltiga are the full machined frame and extra bearings of Saltiga.

·
83 Posts
the saltiga is fully machined from aluminum billet. Both have a roller bearing (infinite/instant anti reverse) and a anti-reverse dog as backup. The difference being is that because the saltiga is machined, the post that the anti reverse dog sits in is stronger than that on the saltist. that being said, the saltist is a great value reel IMO.

·
5,457 Posts
Have a look at Daiwa Ishidai-Z. Like a saltiga with a linecounter.. awesome reel! Go for a 30, its a narrow 40!

The line counter is positioned where you palm the reel and is uncomfortable to me.For the extra cost of the line counter i would rather have quality color coded Braid.

d-a

1 - 5 of 5 Posts