360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
When pushing relatively light tackle to its limits - we're not talking about an 80W International here - Rods break, reels break, line and leaders break, hooks break, etc...

Not a good thing, but don't get too upset when it happens to you. Fish hard, take your lumps, and come back with more knowledge next time. The fish have win sometime, or it would be called "catching" instead of "fishing"! ;)

With regard to the failure... That's still a known issue with Saltiga. (other than Dogfight) I believe the consensus is that it manifests during extreme drag surges caused by a combo of sticky stock discs and very high initial drag setting. That's why I fish Carbontex drags in my 6000GT and keep it set at ~20lbs. :)

But if anybody wants to sell there crappy Saltigas now, I'll be happy to take them off your hands cheap! ;)

·
Large Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another accident by a very experienced user who posted this on another forum. happened during a fight with 50kg fish. told me that the reel was upgraded with C-tex drag washer. i don't understand why did the drag not let line go before it broke? i think saltiga has issues they break every where and not only the stem

·
** Pak Lurah **
1,077 Posts
Last time I saw the picture of broken bail-arm on Saltiga, but the reel was dropped on the boat deck by the owner :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts