360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Large Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i checked a new expedition at a shop today and i noticed some thing. when i turned the spool to listen to the drag clicking, it was fine for half a turn then for the other half of the turn it was very quiet almost silent. i tried again and it was obvious that the drag sounds normal for half a turn, then the sound goes down so much you can hardly hear a screech if you put your ear next to the reel. the guy told me it was normal and that all saltigas do this. is this right?

·
1,553 Posts
i will check for you in the morning. i do remember the spool having a fairly quiet sound when turned.

·
213 Posts
I have a Saltiga Dogfight and it does not do what you are describing. When I turn the spool, I hear a consistent clicking sound. I tightened and loosened the drag and got the same result, a consistent clicking sound.

The Dogfight and the Expedition is the same reel. The only difference between them is that the Dogfight has a higher gear ratio and a different paint job.

I don't know what it could be. You might need to remove the spool and have a look.

Kidflex should post his results as soon as he gets up.

·
1,553 Posts
my expedition, 6000, and 6000gt all make constant noise when the spool turns. even on the lightest drag settings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts