360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
453 Posts
i just finished cracking open a regular saltiga spinner. it was actually pretty simple inside. very nice reel! if you need the bail roller bearing, you can get one at bocabearings.com if you can measure it out with digital calipers. i was able to switch out the stock drag washers for penn ht-100's and cal's grease. worked great! it's really very straight forward. alan

·
Spinal Rods
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Alan, there's a local bearing shop that just does bearings, i may do what you said and give it a go. I had the reel open before to clean and grease. Its very solid. I have used carbontex replacement washers in there and it helped, but they are do for replacement again. I will look at the HT drags and try them.

·
453 Posts
carbon fiber, either carbontex or ht-100, will last for ever. no need to replace the washers if you have carbontex. alan

·
Spinal Rods
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To those that might be interested, I ordered the entire roller bearing assembly for $27, with $3.50 shipping from Cali to the east coast.

It includes, new roller, 2 bearing, 1 washer, 2 spacers, and 1 screw.

Also, they do all servicing for Japanese model reels, and they will also replace matching parts. If it is a non matching part then you need to order the matching part from Daiwa JPN.

Thought you may want to know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts