Saltiga 40 Drags

Discussion in 'Jigging and Popping' started by rtran, Sep 27, 2008.

1. rtran

rtran Senior Member

I finally got a chance to scale my drags after carbontex drag install. It ended up with 24lb of drag with star drag tightened all the way and some. I'm going to hopefully have some test dummys this weekend to give the drags a run to wear them in a bit. :)

2. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

who did your drag upgrade for you?

3. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

4. d-a

d-a Senior Member

5. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

d-a,

I thought the OJ comes standard with carbon drag washers, however, I have not taken mine apart yet tp confirm. Besides, mine pulls close to 50 pounds drag out of the box. No need for more drag, imo, as my reel will provide enough drag to break any of the rods I place the reel on.

6. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Freddy

Can I get more drag out of my Ocea with the carbotex drags?

d-a
    Is about 4-6 pound more if you replaced the drag plate.
    The main thing replacing drag washer with carbontex washer is, to get smooth drag. Not to gain the drag capacity.

7. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

Thanks Freddy. When are you heading down again?

8. d-a

d-a Senior Member

d-a,

I thought the OJ comes standard with carbon drag washers, however, I have not taken mine apart yet tp confirm. Besides, mine pulls close to 50 pounds drag out of the box. No need for more drag, imo, as my reel will provide enough drag to break any of the rods I place the reel on.

I havent checked my 5000, but I thought the specs was @ 33lbs of drag. I put it on a JM 500g, and might need all that I can get out of it If we find a GBT.

d-a

9. ichibahn

ichibahn ** Pak Lurah **

Thanks Freddy. When are you heading down again?
    I will come down next weekend with Dustin and his crew from KIA motor plant to fish at OIP.
    Are you going out next Saturday ?

10. Bellyups

Bellyups Senior Member

I havent checked my 5000, but I thought the specs was @ 33lbs of drag. I put it on a JM 500g, and might need all that I can get out of it If we find a GBT.

d-a

That is what they advertise. The hidden truth is, at least for mine, they do a lot more. Go ahead and tighten it down, measure it, and post what it does.

Scott

11. spineyman

spineyman Senior Member

I am not sure if I will be fishing next Sat. It will depend on the weather.

12. gimmedeal

gimmedeal Senior Member

Specs are 33 but my 5000p pulls over 40.

Fred

13. d-a

d-a Senior Member

Thats good to know, I will test it out this upcoming weekend.

d-a

14. rtran

rtran Senior Member

This drag upgrade should allow the drags to stay smooth throughout long battles. I HOPE HAHA