360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a chance to scale my drags after carbontex drag install. It ended up with 24lb of drag with star drag tightened all the way and some. I'm going to hopefully have some test dummys this weekend to give the drags a run to wear them in a bit. :)

·
1,025 Posts
d-a,

I thought the OJ comes standard with carbon drag washers, however, I have not taken mine apart yet tp confirm. Besides, mine pulls close to 50 pounds drag out of the box. No need for more drag, imo, as my reel will provide enough drag to break any of the rods I place the reel on.

·
** Pak Lurah **
1,077 Posts
Freddy

Can I get more drag out of my Ocea with the carbotex drags?

d-a
Is about 4-6 pound more if you replaced the drag plate.
The main thing replacing drag washer with carbontex washer is, to get smooth drag. Not to gain the drag capacity.

·
5,457 Posts
d-a,

I thought the OJ comes standard with carbon drag washers, however, I have not taken mine apart yet tp confirm. Besides, mine pulls close to 50 pounds drag out of the box. No need for more drag, imo, as my reel will provide enough drag to break any of the rods I place the reel on.

I havent checked my 5000, but I thought the specs was @ 33lbs of drag. I put it on a JM 500g, and might need all that I can get out of it If we find a GBT.

d-a

·
** Pak Lurah **
1,077 Posts
Thanks Freddy. When are you heading down again?
I will come down next weekend with Dustin and his crew from KIA motor plant to fish at OIP.
Are you going out next Saturday ?

·
1,025 Posts
I havent checked my 5000, but I thought the specs was @ 33lbs of drag. I put it on a JM 500g, and might need all that I can get out of it If we find a GBT.

d-a

That is what they advertise. The hidden truth is, at least for mine, they do a lot more. Go ahead and tighten it down, measure it, and post what it does.

Scott

·
5,457 Posts
Thats good to know, I will test it out this upcoming weekend.

d-a

·
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This drag upgrade should allow the drags to stay smooth throughout long battles. I HOPE HAHA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts