360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Iv just created this account because i didn't find anywhere these 2 face to face and don't know where to ask.
Iv read Alan Hawk reviews(maybe i should ask him this ...) and he says Saragosa sw is better than a Stella. And also says Saltiga2020 is very near perfection.
Iv find a ton on Saltiga vs Stella, but now i'm intrigued...on a Saltiga vs Saragosa opinion.
I was planing on buy a Saltiga 14 000 xh to my zenaq 100 hh...but what if i could save some $:unsure: ?!
Has anyone tried both and can testify the results ?

Regards !

·
Registered
274 Posts
U are comparing a bmw 325i (saragosa) to a m3(Stella) or amg c63(saltiga) .
325 is a great bmw , but far away to m3 or c63 .
plus u paid a lot for ur zenag, it matches saltiga or Stella better , Shimano grappler is matching saragosa.
I have all of them , saragosa make the job done , but Stella and saltiga make the job like an art . Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
The new Saragossa is a very solid reel for the money but nowhere in comparison to a Saltiga or a Stella! Those reels are in a class by themselves. The Saragossa would be more comparable to the Daiwa Saltist. If you’re looking to save some money on the reel then take a look at the New Shimano Twin power SW or the New Daiwa Cerate SW, both are solid reels for the money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regarding Certate being very close to Saltiga:
Dunno if i can post links here , but this was just uploaded today and yesterday so should be interesting to share for you guys to to see.
Saltiga 2020 tear-down/assembly
Certate 2021 tear-down/assembly

They are indeed very similar.
From what i got , the differences is the rotor a piece of the guard being carbon on Certate vs aluminum on saltiga.
On the Daiwa site they say saltiga has 4 extra bearings, but from the video i didnt even saw all of them. Only saw one one the handle.

I find Certates for 550(euros) and Saltigas for 850(euros)...300 for some extra bearings that i can probably buy myself and add them?(dunno if they are expensive...)
I think it comes to the carbon vs aluminum rotor in the end.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 20 saltiga and honestly I would rather have the saragosa, or better still a spheros. Yes it's a hot reel but it's not as affordable long term. Realistically the only things that will fail on a saragosa are the clutch and the gears. To replace all that would cost you around $65. Even with the 20 saltiga's warranty, if you sell it for $500 after 5 years of use, you're still behind by $250 at most after 5 years of replacing the spheros' drivetrain and clutch once a year. If you even fish enough to need to replace it. Spheros 14k has same pickup rate and capacity as the 14k saltiga, basically. Nice things are nice but ultimately it just needs to work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts