360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Iv just created this account because i didn't find anywhere these 2 face to face and don't know where to ask.
Iv read Alan Hawk reviews(maybe i should ask him this ...) and he says Saragosa sw is better than a Stella. And also says Saltiga2020 is very near perfection.
Iv find a ton on Saltiga vs Stella, but now i'm intrigued...on a Saltiga vs Saragosa opinion.
I was planing on buy a Saltiga 14 000 xh to my zenaq 100 hh...but what if i could save some $:unsure: ?!
Has anyone tried both and can testify the results ?

Regards !

·
Registered
253 Posts
U are comparing a bmw 325i (saragosa) to a m3(Stella) or amg c63(saltiga) .
325 is a great bmw , but far away to m3 or c63 .
plus u paid a lot for ur zenag, it matches saltiga or Stella better , Shimano grappler is matching saragosa.
I have all of them , saragosa make the job done , but Stella and saltiga make the job like an art . Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
The new Saragossa is a very solid reel for the money but nowhere in comparison to a Saltiga or a Stella! Those reels are in a class by themselves. The Saragossa would be more comparable to the Daiwa Saltist. If you’re looking to save some money on the reel then take a look at the New Shimano Twin power SW or the New Daiwa Cerate SW, both are solid reels for the money.

·
Just a guy who likes to fish
3,080 Posts
If the old Saltiga/Catalina formula holds true for Daiwa the new Certate SW will be very close to the Saltiga, for less money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Regarding Certate being very close to Saltiga:
Dunno if i can post links here , but this was just uploaded today and yesterday so should be interesting to share for you guys to to see.
Saltiga 2020 tear-down/assembly
Certate 2021 tear-down/assembly

They are indeed very similar.
From what i got , the differences is the rotor a piece of the guard being carbon on Certate vs aluminum on saltiga.
On the Daiwa site they say saltiga has 4 extra bearings, but from the video i didnt even saw all of them. Only saw one one the handle.

I find Certates for 550(euros) and Saltigas for 850(euros)...300 for some extra bearings that i can probably buy myself and add them?(dunno if they are expensive...)
I think it comes to the carbon vs aluminum rotor in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts