360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys! Just wondering if anyone in the group uses the old S&G jigs (if they even still have one) or the Sumo "Chrome Banana" jig. I like the look of them, but have not had the opportunity to try them out for Tuna yet. Thanks Fella's!

·
1,553 Posts
those look good. they are pretty hard to come by now. i think they still have them on boatersworld.com site, dont know if there in stock though.

·
1,553 Posts
i remember when charkbait had them. thats where i first saw them. i couldnt find them there anymore. i might call and ask cuz i wouldnt mind having a dozen or so of those jigs.

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
My experience with sumo crome bannana jigs. 4th of july trip I tried one deep,400'+ and got a huge hit. The fish hit so hard it smoked a half spool on avet hx before the hook bent. Next trip I replaced hook with jobu 9/0 figuring iv'e got a new secret wepon. deep jigging again and another big hit! This time the jig broke off near the end, no thru wire! I still have some sitting on the shelf, they will stay there.

·
1,553 Posts
interesting fathom. might have just save me a few bucks! sumo tackle usually makes pretty solid stuff. better to be safe than sorry since this is the only "review" of this product ive seen.

·
94 Posts
I have caught 3 or 4 yft's on them. I think I have 6, 8, and 12 ouncers.

I know some guys use them here in the north east for cod also.

I'm looking at my D6 now and I never replaced the hook on it; so it lasted for a couple fish ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts