Roosterfish,YFT's , just another boring fishing report

Discussion in 'South of the Border' started by panamasportfishinglodge, Apr 8, 2009.

1. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

i cannot wait :)

how warm is it normally down there during the day? what about at night?

2. kidflex

kidflex Senior Member

very nice, the coagulated blood is awesome

3. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

i cannot wait :)

how warm is it normally down there during the day? what about at night?

It's a sweat box during the day. Just think of fishing off Texas during July and that is what it is like. There are some very still moments during the day. The seas will get glassy and the winds are very light. Tossing poppers or vertical jigging during this time will cause you to sweat like a pig. :eek: You will beg the Capt to run to another location to catch a breeze.:)

The nights cool off nicely. Probably around 78 degrees. The rooms are AC so you can sleep like a baby. Especially if you drink around a dozen double Scotch's a night.:D

4. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

howd the wakeup feel with the hangover? how was the breakfast? im starving right now. stuck at work, and havent eaten since 5pm.

5. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

howd the wakeup feel with the hangover? how was the breakfast? im starving right now. stuck at work, and havent eaten since 5pm.

Mr. Bill look fine every morning, at least he look's like his fine, he is always smiling with Patricia

6. masonboro

masonboro Senior Member

I work outside and sweat everyday.No sweat, no pay!!I am so looking forward to this tripI am ready to sweat.

7. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

I don't get hangover's as my body is trained to drink Scotch.:)

To be honest, I felt pretty good each morning and was ready and eager to fish. Breakfast for us was normally on the boat. We ate it just after leaving the docks before hitting open water to fishing grounds. If you get downstairs early enough, they will serve you breakfast at the bar.

8. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

We have a professional Korean chef on our trip and he even brings his own Korean bar-b-que souce with him. :) I am going to give a list of grocery shopping for our trip to John and John will buy them in Panama City.
    There is no way you get starved. :)

When I went to Prince Ruppert, BC years ago, There were several salmon commercial boats docked under the lodge we stayed. We got to know them and they invited us for drinking party with whisky at night. I don't know how many bottles of whisky we drank that night. I continued to drink with them even after my group left to sleep. When Capt came to pick us up in the morning, I could barely move, but I decided to fish as I didn't want to cancel the trip because of me. I did vomitting and fishing alternatively for the whole day. :)

9. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

We have a professional Korean chef on our trip and he even brings his own Korean bar-b-que souce with him. :) I am going to give a list of grocery shopping for our trip to John and John will buy them in Panama City.

When I went to Prince Ruppert, BC years ago, There were several salmon commercial boats docked under the lodge we stayed. We got to know them and they invited us for drinking party with whisky at night. I don't know how many bottles of whisky we drank that night. I continued to drink with them even after my group left to sleep. When Capt came to pick us up in the morning, I could barely move, but I decided to fish as I didn't want to cancel the trip because of me. I did vomitting and fishing alternatively for the whole day. :)

thats the measure of a true fisherman :p

i cannot wait for the food there. His BBQ sauce is incredible as I remember it from this fall. Any fish we catch will just be a bonus :D

10. panamasportfishinglodge

panamasportfishinglodge Site Sponsor

Kil don't forget to send me the list of any special liquor that your group might want to drink , so I can try to get it , thanks

11. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

dont forget the gray goose!

12. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

13. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

Kil don't forget to send me the list of any special liquor that your group might want to drink , so I can try to get it , thanks

Make sure there is club soda. Club soda and vodka is always refreshing.

Jack daniel's is fine with me. I'm not very picky. Maybe some sambuca for desert :)

14. peterk814

peterk814 Senior Member

some cute locals wouldnt hurt for dessert either =)

15. masonboro

masonboro Senior Member

I want Smirnoff Vodka and Orange Juice please, no pulp please!!