360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that using a fast retrieve with poppers works well in catching Roosters. Personally, I have had a lot of success using Ranger lures and Pencil Poppers that skitter along the surface.

Have any of you had success with Roosterfish using a Stick Bait? If so, please specify which stick bait you used, the action that you applied and if the lure is a sinking or floating version. I am looking for plan B just in case the Roosters are finicky and are popper shy.

Thanks guys in advance for all the help!

·
2,924 Posts
this season Sami from Saltywaters Tackle and adrian killed them off PV on Smith Baby Runbohs, MS Voladors and even a shibuki

·
104 Posts
Hello Glenn!

Could you please tell me where PV is? I'm from Sweden and not familiar with the all the location initials that you guys use.. and also new to this site ;)

Peace on earth!

·
344 Posts
Hello Glenn!

Could you please tell me where PV is? I'm from Sweden and not familiar with the all the location initials that you guys use.. and also new to this site ;)

Peace on earth!

PV in fishing land means Puerta Vallarta!

·
Site Sponsor
1,275 Posts
Hi Mark,
all the lures that Glenn suggested were a killer last year in PV,
I will add one lure on the top of them, the FCL labo squidpen
check this link Saltywater Tackle
the Squidpen was accounted for the big one, without exaggerating we had over 10 rooster chasing it on a very fast retrieve.
if i remember correctly we landed over 30 rooster in less then 1 hour,

Sami

·
Site Sponsor
3,896 Posts
We absolutely slayed them on Salas in P/V last trip. 17 Large Roosters in one afternoon. When the bite is on they are not very picky eaters but sometimes it can be very difficult to get them to bite.

This past trip to C/R I had pods following the Salas and nipping at it....but they where not crashing it (or poppers, shikbuki's or anything else in the bag).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts