Rodwinder did a fantastic job on my rod

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by ksong, Mar 1, 2009.

1. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

My favorite rod builder Rodwinder is known as a premier rod builder in NY and is respected by many colleague rod builders. When discussing my custom rods, it is so much easier as he understand my intention very well as he is also life time fisherman.

A few months ago, I ran over my favorable inshore rod built by Rodwinder with my car accidently. :( The blank is Cosmotech made in Japan and I can not get it anymore, even in Japan. I was amazed the wrapping done by Rodwinder was almost in tact though guides were cruched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is Rodwinder's post after he examined my rod. I am glad there is no damage of the rod itself as the rod is one of a kind.

Well i got the guides off the rod and i am happy to tell you there was absolutely no blank damage. I know alot or rod builders debate wheather underwraps are needed all i can say is if you plan on running the rod over with your car then you should probably use an underwrap , and though the guides took some beating i still cant believe the rings didn't crack This rod will be good as new in no time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rtran

rtran Senior Member

good to see you can salvage it

3. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

glad to see the blank was able to be saved..

4. pametfisher

pametfisher Senior Member

Looking at this photo, I'm not sure I should loan you a rod to use in the meantime ...

5. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

Looking at this photo, I'm not sure I should loan you a rod to use in the meantime ...
    I don't recommend to loam me a rod or a reel. :)

6. pametfisher

pametfisher Senior Member

I don't recommend to loam me a rod or a reel. :)

LOL, still it must be great to know that an old favorite is coming back to life.

7. ksong

ksong SPONSOR

LOL, still it must be great to know that an old favorite is coming back to life.
    8' Cosmetech blank rated up to 80 lbs was my favorite for tuna jigging. I must caught several hundred yellwofin and bluefin upto 240 lbs with the rod.
    The Cosmotech rod in the picture is rated to 40 lbs and is my favorite rod for togging. I am glad I can use the rod again.

8. BretABaker

BretABaker Guest

got any more blanks for seabass and tog? i need some when i come back :)

9. Enoch

Enoch Senior Member

got any more blanks for seabass and tog? i need some when i come back :)
    Bret, if you come back anytime soon the tog bite should be hot but seabass will be far and few in between... I was checking up on an old thread report from last year and we were catching up to 7.5lbers around may from the jetties