RODBUILDING CLASSES

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by paul708, Oct 31, 2008.

1. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

i know we have a few local guys posting here..
    this would be a good oppertunity to learn rod design and building..
    maybe for that special JIGGING ROD;)

Local area anglers looking to keep their fishing spirits up during the winter can learn the art of custom rod building from a group of local experts. The Tri-State Custom Rod Builders, an organization of builders from Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, is once again offering a three-Saturday course on how to design and build custom fishing rods.
    Classes will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day, beginning Jan. 24, 2009, and continue at the same time on Jan. 31 and Feb. 14 at the Malvern Fire Hall on King Street in Malvern, PA. Class fee is $100, which covers the classes, a comprehensive workbook, refreshments, and miscellaneous tools and supplies. The cost of materials for building a rod of the student’s choice is additional.
    Students will learn techniques for designing and building freshwater, fly and saltwater rods. Each student will work with an experienced rod builder and will complete his or her first rod during the class. The number of students is limited to ten or fewer, so those interested should promptly contact Bill Kracht at 610-544-6378 or Clay Johnson at 610-647-2516. or you may also PM me for more class info..
    The class usually fills up before Thanksgiving. Since one purpose of the classes is to have some of the graduating students join the Club, it is best for students to live within about 45 minutes to one hour of the classroom in Malvern pa.

2. stresst

stresst Senior Member

Can I get a guesstimate how far from Middle Village NY? I would be interested! Thanks

3. paul708

paul708 Site Sponsor

Can I get a guesstimate how far from Middle Village NY? I would be interested! Thanks
    you guys up there are a little over 100miles..
    worth the ride to check the shop out.
    but
    maybe a bit of a ride for the weekly classes,