360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,483 Posts
EdiT: my bad thought you wrote "popping" not "jigging" as your title is misleading. not awake sorry.

below post is on the right track. again, length is a little more important on party boats as the rail is higher and maneuvering around obstacles is a real necessity. At least 6'6" for that style boat.

·
Site Sponsor
2,892 Posts
Party / Head Boat a 7' jigging rod..I like the United Composite Wahoo jr ..I have yet to fish anything as nice..
But a Calstar or seeker will also work...

Calstar GF 700H or XH are beasts..
Seeker Hercules 70H also nice for tuna jigging...I have a SS brown blank I'll give you a good price on it built..
St Criox 2M79XXXHF Musky salt unlimited super light & very strong..This would be my second choice..... Toss up between the Calstar & seeker..

·
781 Posts
Jerry,
I have both of those OTI's and really like e'm. You can also see them @ Melton's if you want to pull on it 1st. And they are a 2 piece,great if you fly back to go longrange.
MMM

G

·
i use the oti 7'6" 80lb rod as my go to rod. tuna, grouper, amberjack, snapper...all have been slain with this rod. rods other guys mentioned are great as well. no complaints. one nice thing abt the OTI is that its 2 piece. very convenient to travel or just put in the car. dont worry abt action or strength....the ferrule joint compromises neither IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts