360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im heading down to florida in a week and my buddy says the wrecks are on fire atm. and he has his gorilla 12 spooled up with 130 hollow core and i asked him what rod he has it on. well he has it on the heaviest trevala. for a reel that can fish that much drag you would think you would need a better rod...

Any ideas????

G

·
maybe he likes the action of the trevala rod. tj has the same reel and his is mounted on a 600 gram ocean tackle international rod. by the way the trevala rod was one of the main reasons we formed oti. we thought that we could make a better rod to jig with that we liked the action on with better hardware.....rick

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
2nd vote for 600g OTI. TJ's setup is the first time I saw Gorilla 12.... That is an awesome setup! Light enough to jig with all day and still handle 30lbs! (if he can!;)) With that reel, would be a perfect cow jigging and heavy bottom fishing setup IMO that could probably handle trolling duties too, and OTI service can't be beat...

·
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he wants to get better jigging rod. had a torium 20 on it but then he got a sponsorship from alutecnos :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts