rod for gorrilla 12

Discussion in 'Rods and Rod Blanks' started by baldurs390, Mar 6, 2009.

1. baldurs390

baldurs390 Senior Member

ok im heading down to florida in a week and my buddy says the wrecks are on fire atm. and he has his gorilla 12 spooled up with 130 hollow core and i asked him what rod he has it on. well he has it on the heaviest trevala. for a reel that can fish that much drag you would think you would need a better rod...

Any ideas????

2. mcgolfer

mcgolfer Guest

maybe he likes the action of the trevala rod. tj has the same reel and his is mounted on a 600 gram ocean tackle international rod. by the way the trevala rod was one of the main reasons we formed oti. we thought that we could make a better rod to jig with that we liked the action on with better hardware.....rick

3. Jason4606

Jason4606 Tuna Club member

2nd vote for 600g OTI. TJ's setup is the first time I saw Gorilla 12.... That is an awesome setup! Light enough to jig with all day and still handle 30lbs! (if he can!;)) With that reel, would be a perfect cow jigging and heavy bottom fishing setup IMO that could probably handle trolling duties too, and OTI service can't be beat...

4. baldurs390

baldurs390 Senior Member

he wants to get better jigging rod. had a torium 20 on it but then he got a sponsorship from alutecnos :)