360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kindly request for an insight on Stick Bait and Popper rods from Ripple Fisher to be used in Oman for PE 8 - 10 setup... lures to be in 100 to 150 range.

Would one rod each for Tuna and GT be sufficient to cover Stick Bait and popping or let’s say 3 to 4 rods are required..

Rods under consideration are as detailed below:

LC 82 for GT
For small cup poppers and stick baits

Big Tuna 710 or 85

Request for a detailed review of RF line up with pros and cons..

Many thanks in advance..

·
Registered
50 Posts
HI Mask;
I ve just bought a RP Long cast 82.
It's the perfect allrounder fishing rod for GT's. I m using poppers and stickabits form 100 to 200 gr. You can use big mouth popper (5cm cup) without effort. During the fight it's a very progressiv blank with a powerful reserve that can contol fish. HIGHLY RECOMANDED.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Mask;
I ve just bought a RP Long cast 82.
It's the perfect allrounder fishing rod for GT's. I m using poppers and stickabits form 100 to 200 gr. You can use big mouth popper (5cm cup) without effort. During the fight it's a very progressiv blank with a powerful reserve that can contol fish. HIGHLY RECOMANDED.
Thanks very much for your kind feedback Philippe, really helpful...
Do you have any information regarding the Big Tuna 710 or 85.. curious since both have PE range from 6-12.
Sam.

·
Site Sponsor
3,913 Posts
Hey Sam

Do you have any information regarding the Big Tuna 710 or 85.. curious since both have PE range from 6-12.
Sam.

What do you want to know specifically ? I fish many of the models

710 is shorter more powerful we use in Cape Cod and North Carolina
83 is a new model combining attributes of longer rods yet still very strong
85 is a ligher tip its a PE 6 rod for casting small lures (28 grams 1 oz to 2 oz) greats distance but you cannot put as much heat on the fish

I am one of the 3 Authorized Dealers in the USA for Ripplefish
(Tacklenow GT Fight Club and Tomos) any other is a grey marketer and cannot support or warranty the rods FYI.

https://tacklenow.com/ripple-fisher-big-tuna/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Sam

Sam.

What do you want to know specifically ? I fish many of the models

710 is shorter more powerful we use in Cape Cod and North Carolina
83 is a new model combining attributes of longer rods yet still very strong
85 is a ligher tip its a PE 6 rod for casting small lures (28 grams 1 oz to 2 oz) greats distance but you cannot put as much heat on the fish

I am one of the 3 Authorized Dealers in the USA for Ripplefish
(Tacklenow GT Fight Club and Tomos) any other is a grey marketer and cannot support or warranty the rods FYI.
Thanks dear...
Are the specs referred above related to Big Tuna 85 or Big Tuna 85F...
I wanted to know if Ripple Fisher Big Tuna 710 & Big Tuna 85 both rated to PE 6 - 12 can be used for both stick baits and poppers as well... lures in the range of 100 to 150...
I realize that stick bait rods are not always good for popping and vice versa... but kindly share your understanding based on your experience...
Sam.

(catalogue portions of the rods under discussion is yellow highlighted, for easy reference)
Font Fish Seafood Publication Ray-finned fish

·
88 Posts
It's a good few years since I went to S Oman but I don't recall anyone taking dedicated tuna gear as you will be concentrating on GT's if you are there at the right time of year (October, March / April until the monsoon starts).

I've got the 82 LC which is a superb allrounder which people do use down there for GT, albeit you may want a proper PE10 outfit.

I also have the 710 Big Tuna which I would say was more of a popping or heavy stickbait rod than the longer rods in the range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.