360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

Rigs to Loan: Cinco Tuna 2006

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SkeeterRonnie 
#1 ·
""I have an awesome jigging or bait set up to loan if someone wants/needs it:

Seeker Blacksteel CJBF65H- with SiC guides and a Tiburon SST 8 with spectra and a short mono topshot of 60 lb. Ande. The reel is an automatic 2 speed so you don't have to worry about shifting gears.

The reel just came back from Tiburon service and will work well.

Contact me and we can work a plan to get it to you for the trip.""

Hey Everyone!

I haven't had anyone ask to use this, so I wanted to post again to make sure it goes, if needed. If you want to use it, it would be best to get it now so you can 'play around with it' to understand how it works.

Just let me know.

SkeeterRonnie- That 50 2-speed from Colman's arrived at my house today. It sure looks and feels especially good for only ~$260! But the guts are what I'm interested in and know you'll find something out there to test it.

I've put it on my Seeker 6460XH (with rollers) and just have to spool the spectra.

If you want to come get it, let me know because I'll soon be leaving for Alaska and want to make sure you have it as soon as possible.

If I buy the spectra, would you mind loading it?

Let me know.

Maybe we can use this post as a base for loaners, unless most of you are using PMs.

See less See more
#2 ·
Tom - very much appreciate letting me use the 50. At the Bass Pro meeting, TJ and TxSeaDog did a little drag pulling. The reel got pretty warm, and was jumpy at first. The drags may either need to be worn in a little, or will fail under a heavy strain. Hopefully I can hook into a few YFT so they can test out the drag with long runs. The AJ will be pretty quick and I dont think will be a good test for longevity of drag performance. I almost want to take it apart and have carbonfiber drags put in - but that would defeat the purpose of controlled testing...lol. Need to see what it will do off the shelf. Hopefully it wont lock up and drag me over- cause I WONT let go...lol. All you will see are my legs pushing up against the rails waiting for the 100# mono leader to snap....lol.

#3 ·
Hey Tom, when you going to Alaska!!

We went for the first time this July and can't hardley wait until the next trip.
It is a beautiful place.
I have really been enjoying the halibut and rockfish fillets we brought back

Have fun !! and post lots of pictures when you get back.

Bill

G
#5 ·
steven
he post regularly on the texas fishing forum. he posts on the saltwater board. just post on that board and he will answer you. if he doesn't let me know and i will get a phone number for you to conatct him....rick

#7 ·
stephen- my cell number is (817)903-1024. I have the jigs, trip is gonna be rescheduled. They came USPS, a little beat up- but I straightened the end wires the best I could to get them back to original form.

LOL> cell phone is now on Plano Rd somwhere. left it on the bedrail of my truck unloading some boxes at the office. you can reach me at work (214)343-6843. Ronnie Manning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.