360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner

Rifle season opens Saturday anyone going?

3K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  Bret 
#1 ·
Just wondering who all is going deer hunting this weekend. Looks like the weather will be cool and breezy. Taking my wife and three year old daughter (Betsi and Jade)with me for the weekend. I am going to set up my pop up for them to look at deer while I am hunting on the other side of the place.
Good luck to everyone and be safe out there. I will post a report when we get back.

#3 ·
Brandon, I'll save some venison for you!! I am supposed to go take an Oryx next weekend down at Scotts.. so I will have plenty of meat to share with you guys. I think they weigh around 350-450lbs on the hoof. has anyone had oryx?? I heard its very tasty.

#4 ·
I'll be on stand opening weekend looking for the 10 pt the trail cam picked up monday am. Hopefully he won't be nocturnal by this weekend and I will get a shot or else I will have to settle for popping another big piggy. I will have my 12 yr old daughter on stand with me and am looking forward to it!

#17 ·
look at the cutters on that dude!!! That is one big pig. wouldnt mind having that work truck either.. Mr. Bill, is there any info behind the pic??

Snagged landed on it from one of his airplane jumps and stabbed it to death!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll once again try to find out the real story. I do remember that the weight was around 1200 pounds. I think it was killed last year.

#18 ·
I am assuming it was killed somewhere other than the continental US..
I have been up close and personal with some pigs that would go over 400lbs and I thought they were huge. 1200 lbs. man, he could eat you in less then 30 mins.

#20 ·
I am assuming it was killed somewhere other than the continental US..
I have been up close and personal with some pigs that would go over 400lbs and I thought they were huge. 1200 lbs. man, he could eat you in less then 30 mins.

I just found out from the guy that emailed me this picture, that this pig was killed last year in Texas. Zapata County. Between Laredo and Zapata. I killed a few that dress out over 500 pounds myself. It's common to see pigs over 500 pounds hanging in the locker plants in south Texas in the next month.

#22 ·
When Snagged runs up against something like that he feet will do their thing.
I may be crazy, but I'm not that crazy.:)

Question: Would a hog that size fit to make sausage out of?

We saw a beautiful buck at Caynon Lake this week, what I call an eight point, here you'd call it a sixteen. The rack was heavy and extremely symetricial.

#23 ·
When Snagged runs up against something like that he feet will do their thing.
I may be crazy, but I'm not that crazy.:)

Question: Would a hog that size fit to make sausage out of?

We saw a beautiful buck at Caynon Lake this week, what I call an eight point, here you'd call it a sixteen. The rack was heavy and extremely symetricial.
I do not want any meat from a boar hog. A sow of that size would make sausage. I grew up on a commercial hog farm.

#24 ·
Mr Bill, that does get my blood pumping a little.. the killing would be easy, its getting it over or through the game fence that would be difficult. LOL .

Thats a lot of horns for two deer.

Nasty old boars make good head mounts but terrible table fare.. you cant get the stink out of the house for a couple of days.. My wife wont let me bring any more piggies home unless they are either a sow or under 50lbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.