360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,334 Posts
Very nice!!! What blue EVA is that?? I like that darker color; they blue I have used is pretty light, almost what your metallic thread is!

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate. The EVA is just the dark blue from muddy, I actually wanted the color I used on the over the top baby but got this in the pack and too late to say anything about it. Customer had to have his rod for a trip. I prefer the other one but not that keen on that light blue one out there as well

·
1,334 Posts
AH, ok! Some of the dark blue EVA pics I had seen were just too dark for me. I will have to give that one a try! I got some Teal and light blue EVA that look nice, just haven't figured out what to put them on yet!

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, I do. If it breaks, I know a builder!

Weird thing is this is the second time this pic has been quoted today

·
797 Posts
too funny...... :D

but 'breaking' has never been my concern about doing that........
it's just the thot of the eyelet getting some knicks and wearing
down the line...........

but i bet you know a few line mfg'ers too ;)

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you forgot to put on blue lines

The girl across the street was wearinga blue top, does that make it even? :)

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
too funny...... :D

but 'breaking' has never been my concern about doing that........
it's just the thot of the eyelet getting some knicks and wearing
down the line...........

but i bet you know a few line mfg'ers too ;)

Actually I have done this test. a high quality file will not wear a sic or alconite ring. SiC is easily damaged from impact though

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
Very nice as usual... I like the lighter royal blue too, but there's something very understated and classy about the dark blue. Instead of competing with everything else, it just sits back and lets the rest of the creative bling do the talkin'!

·
797 Posts
Actually I have done this test. a high quality file will not wear a sic or alconite ring.

no worries....... it's just all-in-my-head anyway :eek:

kinda like fingernails on a chalkboard

·
Randy Bassinga
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also forgot to ask... What brand is that short rubber butt cap??

Fuji BRCCS

BRC Cut Short that is :D. I use a blank stup for running it on the power wrapper and snip it short as well as sand it down to get rid of the ugly molded plastic look

·
Tuna Club member
879 Posts
Fuji BRCCS

BRC Cut Short that is :D

That's funny! :D I was looking at the rubber cap I'm going to use on upcoming snapper build and thought of doing the same... want to get into the wider part of the taper so it can flow into a tapered grip. (instead of needing a straight section of grip for it to look right.) Kind of like the slick tapered EVA butt caps used on lighter Blue Rose and others, but with durability of rubber. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts