360 Tuna Fishers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 22 Posts

1,391 Posts
Ok here is my take on Team Hard Licker.
The dy started badly for me as half way down the road I figured out I didn't have my shoes with me, just house slippers! Then when I got to Port A I discovered that the pump had quit on my bait tank and the two dozen large pinfish were mostly dead.
We beat our way out friday and couldn't find fish. We stopped at a rig to see if anybody was hungry and about the third pop from the bottom my rod loaded up. I really didn't have any idea what was on my OTI jig as it didn't feel like a shark, snapper or aj. Much to my personal disgust when I got it up it was a 19.3 pound 32 1/2 inch jack! Went back down and had a better hookup when another angler had a hard strike on one of out hardtails. I was bowed up hard when his line took off, I guess out lines had crossed and as usual, the moving line won. (TJ, will you replace that jig under warranty?)
The nasty jack went into first place and beat the second place fish of the exact same weight by 1/4 inch in leangth.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Bret, Betsi, Scott and Brandon are fun to fish with. I think we all enjoyed ourselves and I know we had a few laughs.
Mr Bill, Wish you had caught us as I haven't seen you in a while. There was a lot of eyecandy around the weigh in area, on the boats and according to Brandon (who had to be drug out) in the local watering hole.

1,391 Posts
Nope, Brandon wasn't at Sharky's, I think it was the Backporch.
Don't introduce GS to the 64 ounce mug!
Let us know when your coming down and we'll throw some steaks on the grill for breakfast.

1 - 2 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.