Rest in Peace Yevgeny Glebov (Eugene)

Discussion in 'Spearfishing' started by Saltywater tackle, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Saltywater tackle

Saltywater tackle Site Sponsor

Guys, this is Polina's email address for her PayPal account.
    [email protected]
    Thank you.

Paul.

2. Nick

Nick Site Sponsor

Very sorry to hear this sad news and thoughts and condolences go to the family! Paul thanks for the details.

3. Saltywater tackle

4. cabosandinh

cabosandinh Moderator

5. Khalid

Khalid Senior Member

6. Saltywater tackle

Hi Guys,
    Eugene's family and wife came to the shop asking if it is possible to organize or to charter a boat or two on Saturday the 29th September for 20-25 people.
    They would like to spread Eugene's ashes at the jetty in Breezy Point.
    We are asking if anyone has a boat or know of anyone to accommodate them for an hour.
    Please let us know, you can reach us at the shop - 718 648 2665
    or Sami cell 212 729 0784
    Paul cell 212 729 0785
    All help will be appreciated!
    Thank you.

7. Get'n Jiggy

Get'n Jiggy Ultimate Warrior

So I've asked 3 times about where his dive buddy was on two different forums. No one will answer the question....

Did he have a dive buddy that day?

If he went solo...then he broke the number 1 rule in freediving! One up one down- always have a dive buddy

8. stellaSW10

stellaSW10 Banned

So I've asked 3 times about where his dive buddy was on two different forums. No one will answer the question....

If he went solo...then he broke the number 1 rule in freediving! One up one down- always have a dive buddy

No wonder you,ve got no responses on two different forums ! Great statement there dude

Condolences to his family & RIP

9. Saltywater tackle

Get'n Jiggy,

This is a time of sorrow and sadness, if you asked for 3 times and you did not get the answer you should known the answer,
    unfortunately he broke the rules and he is gone. People make mistakes in life.

Tight lines
    Sami

10. stellaSW10

stellaSW10 Banned

Get'n Jiggy,

This is a time of sorrow and sadness, if you asked for 3 times and you did not get the answer you should known the answer,
    unfortunately he broke the rules and he is gone. People make mistakes in life.

Tight lines
    Sami

well put Sami !

11. cudaman

cudaman Senior Member

Very sad news, very unfortunate that it happens. My thoughts and condolences go to the family! Paul, thanks for sharing. I hope a decent amount is collected for them.

12. chf1949

chf1949 Senior Member

I did a search for news articles on the unfortunate happening. It appears he did not have a buddy at the time of the dive. It was his usual dive buddy who called in the missing diver report the afternoon of the mishap when Eugene did not return. His remains were found a few day later, 3 miles away, by a tug boat operator. The media said the medical examiner was to determine the exact cause of death, but I found no reports of the exam. So say the news media.

May he Rest in Peace and prayers for his family.

13. Get'n Jiggy

Get'n Jiggy Ultimate Warrior

Just read the New York Post report.

So he went solo with NO dive buddy

Shallow water blackouts happen and if you have a dive buddy it's no big deal. If you have a SWB or Samba and your solo.....well it will be your last!

14. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member Supporting Member

Hi Guys,
    Eugene's family and wife came to the shop asking if it is possible to organize or to charter a boat or two on Saturday the 29th September for 20-25 people.
    They would like to spread Eugene's ashes at the jetty in Breezy Point.
    We are asking if anyone has a boat or know of anyone to accommodate them for an hour.
    Please let us know, you can reach us at the shop - 718 648 2665
    or Sami cell 212 729 0784
    Paul cell 212 729 0785
    All help will be appreciated!
    Thank you.

How about the Sea Devil out of NJ. Burial At Sea - Point Pleasant Beach, NJ

15. MrBill

MrBill Senior Member

God bless your friend Eugene. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and condolences go to his wife and family. I chipped in a some $. I hope others will do the same.

16. Saltywater tackle

God bless your friend Eugene. May he rest in peace. My thoughts and condolences go to his wife and family. I chipped in a some $. I hope others will do the same.

Thank you MrBill, it is very nice of you, we appreciate your effort and God bless you.

Tight lines
    Sami

17. Khalid

Khalid Senior Member

18. pgdcocean

pgdcocean Senior Member

we all buy gear we don't need -- think about donating the cost of the last popper or stick bait you bought!

19. fathom

fathom Lifetime Supporting Members

20. a1flyfishr

a1flyfishr Retired Member Supporting Member

Last time I looked this post had over 1000 views. If all who viewed gave $1.00...

21. sami G

sami G Site Sponsor

PayPal sent
    Thank you Steve!

Last time I looked this post had over 1000 views. If all who viewed gave $1.00...

Hi Benny,
    Sorry we missed your call today, we were at the funeral when you tried to reach us.
    thank you for waiting at our door step to share in your contribution, I have a great respect for your gesture and persistence.