Resin lure question

Discussion in 'Lure Building' started by Asmedeiros, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Asmedeiros

Asmedeiros New Member

I just recently just started pouring my own resin lures , one thing I’ve learned is that the lure has to dry to get rid of the gases unless the epoxy will get fish eyes and leaving spots with no epoxy , how long do you guys let your lure to dry before doing anything to it?

2. DenisB

DenisB Senior Member

72 Hrs normally.............to allow hardening reaction to complete.

Fisheyes can be from a number of causes.
    - contamination, from hands or household sprays used nearby.
    - unreacted silicone component on the mold ( poor portioning of the silicone components)
    - moisture contamination from exposure to humid air of polyurethane resin components
    ( causes off-reactions).
    - using medical grade syringes to portion epoxy............rubber syringe seal has a silicone lubricant
    ( use syringe with a plastic plunger.
    FWIW

Lorenz89 likes this.

3. Asmedeiros

Asmedeiros New Member

Thanks for replying , I make wood lures also and I never had a problem , I know about almost all the things you mentioned the only one o didn’t know was about the mold , I just started molding another lure with a different sillicone so we’ll see what happens , thank you again ,really appreciate it

4. jiggawhat

jiggawhat Senior Member

Maybe wipe them down with denatured alcohol before clearing make sure theres no vents or fans on in the room. It happenned to me when i was clear coating a rod. While it was turning someone came in my room and turned on the fan...... fish eyes