Resin GT poppers

Discussion in 'Lure Building' started by T_H, Jun 22, 2016.

1. T_H

T_H Active Member

2016-06-22 18.12.57.jpg 2016-06-22 18.15.32.jpg 2016-06-22 18.12.57.jpg

Attached Files:

flyguy and James like this.
  2. T_H

T_H Active Member

Few poppers i made nearly ready to chuck at some Gs. Just need a clearcoat. 170mm, 125g . Bit of an all day popper. It has 1.6 316 theu wire. Will prob upgrade the wire to 2.4. Its just what i had.

Cheers Tim

3. DenisB

DenisB Senior Member

Nice

T_H likes this.
  4. AceArcher

AceArcher Well-Known Member

Very Pretty!

T_H likes this.
  5. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

Look like a very familiar and proven design. Looks good man.

T_H likes this.
  6. T_H

T_H Active Member

Cheers guys. @brn2surf1000 id be interested to hear which familiar design it resembles. Just outta interest. The side views prob doesnt do the whole design justice. Its a very flat sided popper that tapers fown to a V on the belly. Cuts through the water nicely and produces some awesome flash. It also has a very large head with a cutaway that gets bigger as it nears the belly. Designed it so the cutaway causes an air pocket that makes a pretty sweet smoke trail. Any ill try for a few more pics from different angles. Cheers
    Tim

lite-liner and brn2surf1000 like this.
  7. brn2surf1000

brn2surf1000 Member

Tim,
    To me it resembles a popper from reefs edge and the ever popular craft bait gt2. Those however do not have the flat side now that i have studied your pics more. Looks very fishable and i would be very keen to see how these preform. Have you upgraded the through wire? If you dont mind telling me more about it id be very interested in hearing about it through pm if you wish not to post here for various reasons. Talk soon

T_H likes this.
  8. landlocked

landlocked Senior Member

Those look pretty sweet, they did remind me of an old Japanese popper, Skagit Gara Pop, but your dimensions are clearly different

[​IMG]

T_H likes this.
  9. jonsey850

jonsey850 Active Member

nice, would love to try one, i'm guessing the are pretty hardy. The cups look shallow is this to do with the moulding process or just photo angle?

T_H likes this.
  10. T_H

T_H Active Member

Hey @brn2surf1000 thats interesting. I havent had the chance to use or even see the craft bait or reefedge. I5s nice to be compared to those guys. I havent had a chance to upgrade the wire. Its purely a hobby and trying to juggle work, family and making lures can get a bit time consuming. Hoping to make a few more soon. And i think the 2.4 wire will beef it right up.

Attached Files:

11. T_H

T_H Active Member

These are the other angles

12. T_H

T_H Active Member

Cheers @landlocked first time ive seen those lures. Mine Look like a reverse of these ones. Its really quiet hard to come up with a unique design.

13. T_H

T_H Active Member

Gday @jonsey850 the resin seem pretty durable but im still finding the right resin and messing with the microballoons. The humidity in Cairns makes it pretty hard. It does have a pretty deep cup. The angle does make them look shallow tho. I posted a few more pics to see the other angles. Cheers mate

14. jonsey850

jonsey850 Active Member

Hi TH how are you going with these poppers? Have you had a chance to take them fishing?

Cheers