report albies and bonitas nj

Discussion in 'Offshore Fishing Reports' started by joesfishinproblem, Sep 22, 2009.

1. friend went out on the queen mary today and did great lots of albies and some bones too...mostly all om metal and tsumini spilt tails...i am heading out in the morning on the COCK ROBIN if anyone wants to join 65 bucks with the pool....

jfp

2. SpecialK

SpecialK Super Moderator

Glad you spent some time away from the lathe!
    Give those poppers a shot when out there.

3. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

Hey I did a similar trip this past Monday on the Big Jamacia - it was a blast def alot of entertainment for $60.00 Morning was slow but we had them pretty thick in the afternoon.

I'm going to do it again next week - the split tail fish bellies, tsumani's in clear/black and chart. where the ticket although I did catch a few on AVA007's.
    if you go bring a very very light rod that you can really whip a little 1/2 oz jig out with

4. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

I'm heading out tomorrow on the queen mary, should be interesting.

5. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

Hey I did a similar trip this past Monday on the Big Jamacia - it was a blast def alot of entertainment for $60.00 Morning was slow but we had them pretty thick in the afternoon.

I'm going to do it again next week - the split tail fish bellies, tsumani's in clear/black and chart. where the ticket although I did catch a few on AVA007's.
    if you go bring a very very light rod that you can really whip a little 1/2 oz jig out with

Are we talking like large mouth bass rod lite? 7" m weight rod with 4000 series sahara do the trick?

6. Boston Tangler

Boston Tangler Site Sponsor

well lets put it this way, dan, one of the mates who was high hook (and chummed all day) was using a very very light probably one step up from a trout rod. It was funny he would hook em and then pass off the little rod to a customer to fight. I think that rod is fine if it has a soft tip as the lures are only 1/2 oz. You'll have fun catch em up

7. we had a great trip today i was high hook with 15+ fish it was a blast i used a 7'6 rouge light action rod with 4000 series reel and 12 lb test...caught most fish on split tails and sluggo type plastics wih 1/2 oz lead heads..a few bontias were caught just not by me...few blues too...going next wed again cant wait

jfp

8. TheSwab

TheSwab Senior Member

we had a great trip today i was high hook with 15+ fish it was a blast i used a 7'6 rouge light action rod with 4000 series reel and 12 lb test...caught most fish on split tails and sluggo type plastics wih 1/2 oz lead heads..a few bontias were caught just not by me...few blues too...going next wed again cant wait

jfp

I see how it is!!!! You can go fishing on other boats, but you cant come out with me.... Ill remember this butter!!!! I'll make sure I take you my secret horshoe crab spot on our next "bass" trip.....Sucka;)

9. I see how it is!!!! You can go fishing on other boats, but you cant come out with me.... Ill remember this butter!!!! I'll make sure I take you my secret horshoe crab spot on our next "bass" trip.....Sucka;)
    ok srry swabby u donin 8 hour trips now lol

10. silky23

silky23 Senior Member

we had a great trip today i was high hook with 15+ fish it was a blast i used a 7'6 rouge light action rod with 4000 series reel and 12 lb test...caught most fish on split tails and sluggo type plastics wih 1/2 oz lead heads..a few bontias were caught just not by me...few blues too...going next wed again cant wait

jfp
    good to hear, I'm heading out on the queen mary tomorrow. hope to have similar luck. how far out were you guys today? I was thinking about bringing my jigging gear just in case we see any rogue bft around.

11. TheSwab

TheSwab Senior Member

ok srry swabby u donin 8 hour trips now lol

Yea yea, the excuses!!!!!!!!! you dont even call me anymore :(