Hey all - it's been a while! Haven't had much time for lure building, but things being as they are in 2020 I managed to knock out a simple one. We have a fallen red cedar in the woods on our property. It was bored-out by a big nest of carpenter ants but some sections of the trunk were usable for projects around the house. I cut a section of branch for this popper. It's a beautiful wood so no paint, just Envirotex. I will say though, it's not the best wood for lures. I wasn't able to add any weight at all. I first tried 1/2oz in the tail and it sank straight to the bottom. Even the smallest freshwater worm bullet weight made it sit tail-down pointing straight up to the sky. The blackfin tuna here in NC tend to hit while the lure's at rest (simulating a stunned flying fish) so floating level is key to getting bit. So, no tail weight at all meaning it'll likely tumble through the air on the cast preventing me from getting any distance. Maybe I'll tie this one on after getting a few tuna in the box with some of my better casting poppers.